IGNORED

pizza

Chris Moss Acid

ate a really nice pizza in Bruno's of Kinsale while I've been home for christmas (proscuitto, parmesan, tomato sauce). they do an excellent sourdough Neapolitan style pizza, with a genuine 500 degree c oven from Naples. nothing beats the crust of a Neapolitan style when done right: chewy, tasty (especially the sourdough ones), and digests really easily; and then the base stays nice and light, thin but still has decent structure. the place is literally 30 seconds walk from my folks home too, think I'll get a takeaway one at the weekend.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, President Squidward said:

Best food ever. Have a chain that’s mainly in California called Round Table and it blows every other well known chain out of the water. There’s also amazing local places near me too. Also Sbarro

Fucking LOL - Round Table is hot trash - I used to eat that ca ca in high school (graduated in Sacramento, CA) playing Street Fighter II down at my Round Table on Folsom boulevard.

Sbarro is hot garbage as well (IMO)

Now, you take a badass coal-fired (fuck the environment - it's pizza) pizza like Grimaldi's NYC-style pizza - that's a pizza:

our-story-768.jpg

26 minutes ago, caze said:

ate a really nice pizza in Bruno's of Kinsale while I've been home for christmas (proscuitto, parmesan, tomato sauce). they do an excellent sourdough Neapolitan style pizza, with a genuine 500 degree c oven from Naples. nothing beats the crust of a Neapolitan style when done right: chewy, tasty (especially the sourdough ones), and digests really easily; and then the base stays nice and light, thin but still has decent structure. the place is literally 30 seconds walk from my folks home too, think I'll get a takeaway one at the weekend.

Best part of this style of pizza is that it's done in 3 minutes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Fucking LOL - Round Table is hot trash - I used to eat that ca ca in high school (graduated in Sacramento, CA) playing Street Fighter II down at my Round Table on Folsom boulevard.

Sbarro is hot garbage as well (IMO)

Now, you take a badass coal-fired (fuck the environment - it's pizza) pizza like Grimaldi's NYC-style pizza - that's a pizza:

our-story-768.jpg

Lmao my family feels the exact same about Round Table. They always joke around I have bad taste in pizza a lot since I like any kind as long as it isn’t those crappy crust brands you buy at the store and you buy some cheese and pepperoni to it abd make it at home. I’ll eat frozen brands and like it though. ? 

Edited by President Squidward

I recently visited family in Columbus, OH. I forgot just how goddamn good Hounddog's pizza is. Their Smokin' Joe's style is the best damn pizza ever.

Returned to California and had a few slices and feel like I went back to prison.

http://www.hounddogspizza.com/menu/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

Best part of this style of pizza is that it's done in 3 minutes

at that temp it cooks in about 45 seconds to a minute. even with my last 250c oven and a pizza steel I could get it down to 2-3 mins (my current oven is shit unfortunately, takes 10 mins).

1 hour ago, caze said:

at that temp it cooks in about 45 seconds to a minute. even with my last 250c oven and a pizza steel I could get it down to 2-3 mins (my current oven is shit unfortunately, takes 10 mins).

I was taking into account the adding of toppings ?

I like making my own pizzas at home - I used to fuck around with making the dough, etc. but for most weeknight dinners, I use the pre-made pizza crusts like this:Image result for premade pizza crust brands

They're decent - I buy them in three packs, and they produce a nice crisp crust on my pizza stone (seriously thinking about getting a pizza steel, but hard to justify paying 50+ for essentially a damn thick piece of metal, LOL

yeah, made it over in my folks place, their oven isn't the best, but with a pizza steel I managed to cook it in 9 minutes and it turned out pretty good. that one is tomato, chorizo, mozzarella and some fresh pesto which by brother made.

• Like 2

yup, much better. they not only speed things up more than a stone, they give you a better crust. without a steel in this oven it probably would've taken 12+ minutes and I'd have been left with an unappealing biscuity base. also, a steel isn't going to split on you after a few months. takes a bit longer to heat em up though, I like to give it a solid hour at full blast before putting the pizza in. they're not that expensive, think I got mine for about £60.

Edited by caze
  • Thanks 2