IGNORED

pizza

Chris Moss Acid

pizza hut is good to me. 

dominos and papa johns is garbage. little caesars can be good if you get it RIGHT when its made.

but w/e i live in new york and in two months im moving back to new haven. i live in pizza heaven

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

pizza hut is good to me. 

dominos and papa johns is garbage. little caesars can be good if you get it RIGHT when its made.

but w/e i live in new york and in two months im moving back to new haven. i live in pizza heaven

Damn I miss Pepe's.  Lived in Hamden for a year, best pizza-year of my life.

Papa John's is trash, only thing that's good is when you dip the crust in that fake garlic sauce they give you.  One of the two times I've had awful food poisoning was from a Papa John's pizza.

Some friends of mine were eating at Pizza Hut, and after serving them the waitress returned with some sort of spray can, mumbled something along the lines of "Oops, almost forgot" and sprayed some undeclared substance over it which made that cardboardy excuse for a pizza all shiny and appealing. Make of that what you will. :datboi:

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

@IDEM

:psyduck:

At first I wasn't sure whether to believe you or not lol.... But I googled it....

Apparently it's soybean oil.... =/

And they DO soak the crust in vegetable oil like I suspected, hence it dripping in oil.

Diabetes intensifies

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

5 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

@IDEM

:psyduck:

At first I wasn't sure whether to believe you or not lol.... But I googled it....

Apparently it's soybean oil.... =/

And they DO soak the crust in vegetable oil like I suspected, hence it dripping in oil.

Diabetes intensifies

Yeah, when I typed it I realized it sounded like one of those FOAF Stories or urban legends, but that's how they told it to me, and they're good friends who wouldn't bullshit me, so ...

Never googled it though, and I guess it could have been something even worse than soybean oil, but yeah, I just prefer my pizza more natural, I guess.

Also, what if you're allergic to soybeans? I guess they'd have to list it somewhere, right? Haven't been there in ages.

Had some takeaway pizza for my birthday tonight, it was very good but just 28 cm in diameter, which is decidedly too small.

• Like 1

Used to work at Pizza Hut in the 1990s. Can conform. We didn’t have spray cans back then but we did make the crusts by dropping them frozen into a pan full of soybean oil and then having them thaw and proof.

• Like 1

I don't know if it differs from country to country, but here Domino's is pretty good. I would say I actually prefer it over the average pizza you can find. I usually go for something called pan pizza (is it a thing in other countries?) with eggplant, tomato sauce and mozzarella di bufala. There's a lot of better options if you live in a big city but they always deliver fast, it's cheaper and it's always very hot when it arrives.
The best pizza I've ever eaten at home is this one, not Domino of course:

a8c57be3-da55-4982-8b4d-1a5b5675432d.thumb.jpg.dab5aa77e1aeb1bb2846f158c515743e.jpg

Top quality, fluffy dough and baked to perfection

• Like 4

WTF that looks nothing like the Dominos I know.  Looks like a gourmet goddamn pizza.

Although, I may have just been duped by those two leaves in the middle, which are pretty useless now that I think about it.  Why even have that?  (To trick philistines like me into thinking its gourmet I suppose... so mission accomplished.)

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Haha no I explained myself wrong, that one is from another pizza place, not Domino's. The basil leaves are very classic, they just add a tiny bit of flavor but it's mostly for the looks.

This is Domino's pan pizza:
e1b77582-8211-4f3a-8809-42f1f72cda1c.thumb.jpg.1acf5dccce9a0d900536fcd4c7850395.jpg

• Like 2

I had the Dr. Autechre - Casa Di Mama pulled pork pizza tonight, upon which I added some chorizo, marble cheddar, chilis and sriracha.  It was goddamn good.  Better than most restaurant pizza, despite the crust being a bit cardboardy.  Hopefully this won't postpone my Pizza Hut night too much.

0005833674560.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I had the Dr. Autechre - Casa Di Mama pulled pork pizza tonight, upon which I added some chorizo, marble cheddar, chilis and sriracha.  It was goddamn good.  Better than most restaurant pizza, despite the crust being a bit cardboardy.  Hopefully this won't postpone my Pizza Hut night too much.

0005833674560.jpg

Just soak it in soybean oil and you are/it is golden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

You guys, I bought an Ooni Koda Pizza Oven and it's the best thing ever.

If the timecode doesn't work then jump to 6:10

Had some friends over yesterday and I had prepared a Neapolitan pizza dough and it puffed up as it should and tasted fucking phenomenal. We made basic pizzas, but also tried making a pizza with extremely thin slices of potatoes that had been in cold water with salt and oregano all day.

• Like 4

Oh, we also did one with tomatoes that we had fried with a tiny bit of honey and salt (normally we'd just throw them in the oven at an extremely low temperature for 8 hours, but we were running out of time), goat and goat cheese and a tiny bit of balsamico glaze.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Squee said:

You guys, I bought an Ooni Koda Pizza Oven and it's the best thing ever.

If the timecode doesn't work then jump to 6:10

Had some friends over yesterday and I had prepared a Neapolitan pizza dough and it puffed up as it should and tasted fucking phenomenal. We made basic pizzas, but also tried making a pizza with extremely thin slices of potatoes that had been in cold water with salt and oregano all day.

That is *awesome*.

1 hour ago, Squee said:

but also tried making a pizza with extremely thin slices of potatoes that had been in cold water with salt and oregano all day.

and? how were they?

18 minutes ago, caze said:

and? how were they?

Good! I forgot to mention that I added prosciutto to that pizza as well and the extreme heat from the oven basically turned it into bacon.
The potatoes still had a bit of bite because it only takes 90 secs for the pizzas to be ready so they didn't have time to cook. It was great but I was a bit too careful adding too much cheese to this one. I only added some parmesan underneath the prosciutto and potatoes and it could have used a bit more.

23 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

That is *awesome*.

Right!? I love this oven so much!