Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fire water with ice

This guy was on the pizza box.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Is that Aleister Crowley after he put all the occult shit behind him?

Looks more like Yul Brynner having an epic shit before him (a couple of hours away).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, iococoi said:

VSZ9BRh.jpg

Alaskan King Crab Sushi with CheezWiz decoration!  First class travel just isn't what it used to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought an Ooni 3 just before lockdown. Also bought a wooden peel, as the stainless steel one was too faffy. Takes a bit of getting used to the cooking, but haven't any any disasters since switching to wooden peel.

IMG_1852.JPG

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rev85 said:

Bought an Ooni 3 just before lockdown. Also bought a wooden peel, as the stainless steel one was too faffy. Takes a bit of getting used to the cooking, but haven't any any disasters since switching to wooden peel.

IMG_1852.JPG

Cool! May I ask where you get the pellets? And how long does it take to heat up?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Cool! May I ask where you get the pellets? And how long does it take to heat up?

Sure - I get the pellets just from the ooni website, but I think any eco friendly wood pellets will do (going to try some from Amazon.com next). 

Ooni say that it takes around 10 minutes to heat up, but I’ve found it’s more like 20 to reach a steady, optimal heat. You have to add the pellets until it fills up to a point, which can take longer than 10 minutes in my experience. The pizzas cook in like 90 seconds to 2 minutes though, as Squee mentioned, so you save time there.  The new gas ones are probably easier to use, but I’m not sure you can take the ceramic stone out and flip it (the heat cleans the bottom of the stone).

Our neighbours occasionally play loud music in their garden, which makes it the perfect time for me to crank up the Ooni and blow baking hot pellet smoke straight into their faces. I tend to overload it with pellets, which creates the thickest, most oppressive smoke clouds. I could ask them to turn it down, but this method results in less confrontation and a pizza.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jesus Christ. Jesus fucking Christ. Just made a pizza with matured cheddar cheese (not the disgusting yellow fisher price cheese you americans call "american cheese") and it was fucking good! So. Fucking. Good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2020 at 9:57 AM, Squee said:

Jesus Christ. Jesus fucking Christ. Just made a pizza with matured cheddar cheese (not the disgusting yellow fisher price cheese you americans call "american cheese") and it was fucking good! So. Fucking. Good.

Good ol' government cheese.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...