⢰⠁⠀⡤⠖⠺⢶⡾⠃⠀⠈⠙⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠈⠓⠾⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

• Like 2
  • Big Brain 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All-you-can-eat pizza study shows body copes surprisingly well with one-off calorie indulgence

https://www.bath.ac.uk/announcements/all-you-can-eat-pizza-study-shows-body-copes-surprisingly-well-with-one-off-calorie-indulgence

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/physiological-responses-to-maximal-eating-in-men/25C29D75CB1553B9D3D23E276295A4D8

They found that the young, healthy men (aged 22 – 37) who volunteered for the trial consumed almost twice as much pizza when pushing beyond their usual limits, doubling their calorie intake, yet, remarkably, managed to keep the amount of nutrients in the bloodstream within normal range.

Results show that after eating maximally:

• Blood sugar (glucose) levels were no higher than after a normal meal.
  • The amount of insulin in the blood was 50% higher than normal (this hormone is released by the body to control blood sugar levels).
  • Blood lipids (triglycerides and non-esterified fatty acids) were only slightly higher despite having consumed over twice as much fat. This is interesting because previous research had shown that blood lipids increase proportionally when low-to-moderate amounts of fat are consumed.
  • Hormones that are released by the gut to stimulate insulin secretion and increase feelings of fullness were changed the most by overeating (e.g. GLP-1 and peptide YY).

• Farnsworth 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fed up with pizza don't know what happened, something like when u trow up because you drink too much of a specific drink and then u can't even bare the stench of it...

anyway:

pizza-burger-and-hot-dog-pizza-v0-glm7bbsmu3ua1.jpg

Edited by cruising for burgers

7 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

😂😂😂

why would you assume it's a he? that sounds quite misogynist for 2k23... 

Yeah I thought about that while posting.  I guess I took the snake's facial expression to be kind of aggressive, and that signaled male tendencies to me.

Sorry, I guess I don't have too much experience with pizza-hawking snakes. :emotawesomepm9:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 15.23.05.png

New dough recipe and my first experiment making a "poolish" (prefermented dough). Made the pizza lot easier to chew and digest. The dough was crazy delicate to handle and I fucked the first one up badly by stretching it too thin.
The dough proofed for 16 hours. Gonna make a new batch tonight to determine whether or not it's worth the wait.

• Farnsworth 1