IGNORED

Interview from 2006

Velazquez

so... he uses reason because he is scared of what aphex does with all of the plugins and shit?

no I remember reading that he used all sorts of plug ins and shit when he was using cubase and would end up getting nothing done because he would have so many possiblities at hand. Narrowed his focus or limited his palette.

Why is reason shit ?

the hierarchy of materials/workstations, etc. is absurd, gear snobbery is shit. It's the music that matters.

so... he uses reason because he is scared of what aphex does with all of the plugins and shit?

no I remember reading that he used all sorts of plug ins and shit when he was using cubase and would end up getting nothing done because he would have so many possiblities at hand. Narrowed his focus or limited his palette.

Why is reason shit ?

the hierarchy of materials/workstations, etc. is absurd, gear snobbery is shit. It's the music that matters.

I agree. Just to take one view on it, reason, when viewed as its own instrument, especially as a sampler, it is a very powerful instrument. I use all kinds of goofy limited use things in my process of creating tracks. As far as arranging and mixing tracks in reason, I'd say, why not. The tools given to you are just that, a set of tools. In most cases, You can achieve nearly the same results as mixing with any other software EQs and compressors. I've never actually used reason but I respect it as a tool as much as any other.

Guest manero
I'm sure I've seen Ableton on his laptop screen when he's DJ'ed, perhaps he's updated since then...? Nice interview.

I think he uses or has used Traktor as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived