IGNORED

Good Summer Music

Capsaicin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favorite summer time albums is Rancid [2000]. It might just be because it was summer when I first heard it, but it livens me up a lot.

Guest Scrambled Ears
One of my favorite summer time albums is Rancid [2000]. It might just be because it was summer when I first heard it, but it livens me up a lot.

their best album

dude didn't the Rancid self titled come out in 93 or something? I distinctly remember wolves coming out in 95, and I know for a fact Self titled came first.

Guest Scrambled Ears

dude didn't the Rancid self titled come out in 93 or something? I distinctly remember wolves coming out in 95, and I know for a fact Self titled came first.

http://www.discogs.com/Rancid-Untitled/master/39257

is rancid 2000

Guest Scrambled Ears
eh ok... i didn't even know of that album... when "wolves" came out was right around my starting getting into electronic.

so wait, they have "Rancid" and "Untitled"?

ya and the untitled is called rancid 2000 by fans its probably the last good album theyve done...really aggressive and loud and some of the bass lines like not to regret are really sick

Guest Gabriel

I have spent far too many hours looking for music that compliments the summer. Hopefully, some of you can benefit from my wasted time.

Panda Bear always gets mentioned in these summer threads, but I wanted to single out the last couple of minutes of "Take Pills", which sounds to me like it should be the soundtrack to a pool scene in Wes Anderson's "Bottle Rocket" (which, btw, is one of the summeriest movies I've seen). Here's part of the last section of "Take Pills":

I'm surprised that this doesn't get mentioned more often:

This is the only Bob Marley song I ever listen to. I love the production, especially that haunting harmonica sound and, of course, the bass (unfortunately, the youtube audio sounds kind of "shrill" and not as smooth as the mix I have). If anyone knows of other reggae songs as good as this one, then let me know.

Cornelius - Star Fruits Surf Rider<-sounds like it could almost be part of a Katamari soundtrack

Miles Tilmann - Through the Tubes<-doesn't really get started until 0:40

Black Moth Super Rainbow - I Think It Is Beautiful That You Are 256 Colors Too

The Advisory Circle - Get in the Swim

The Advisory Circle - The Coastguard

The Advisory Circle - Sundial

Belbury Poly - Farmers Angle

Belbury Poly - Wetland

Meat Puppets - Up on the Sun (the whole album)<-the Meat Puppets are from New Mexico and their music sounds, somehow, like the desert (to me, anyway)

Bibio - Ambivalence Avenue<-one of the few Bibio tracks I enjoy listening to all the way through

decent hiphop

animal collective

fleet foxes

grizzly bear

beirut

some nice prog house for the car

ahh summer

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Archived