IGNORED

i have some music

Guest jim

Guest cakeface

I asked a question on this board a while ago (my name was melengi then but the board seems to have change a bit, hence the new moniker) about complex drum programming and what was the best software to use etc. and i got some helpful feedback. Unfortunately the only software i have managed to lay my mits on was cool-edit- i am looking at new software and equipment for the near future (probably a powerbook with logic) but i just wanted to show you guys a short (16 bars) passage of drums i've made so anyone who can be bothered could hit me with some constructive criticism regarding compression techniques and other tricks of the trade which i may not be aware of.

www.myspace.com/djcakeface

Get Renoise, or some other tracker software. They're excellent for complex drum programming. You can get really detailed with them. I don't really recommend Logic, but that's a personal opinion. Never really got into it as I already use Cubase. Just feels more solid to me.

The sound of myspace compressed track is awful, but I got the idea. It sounded pretty damned good! Respect if you did that using only cool-edit.

I think tricks come naturaly, just focus on the thing you want to do, and you'll discover your own way of working. I think that's the best advice in general, just keep focussed on what you want to hear.

Guest cakeface

Right, I'm assuming that the advantage of tracker software over any other sequencer is that it is handier for programming rhythms right?

I'll get renoise then, just hope it's easy to use.

Archived