IGNORED

the black dog - spanners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vamos scorcho

Coincidentally, I have been listening to this a lot over the last week. Seems like a few years since I did, but is probably only 1 or 2.

Might be my favourite album, I think it's more coherent than Bytes, probably because Bytes is more like a compilation, but I struggle to put one over the other.

Relistened to this yesterday and god damn, Tahr and Psilcosyin are grower tracks (I loved them both anyway to begin with but they grew on me more, since I'm more into the Peel Session cut, Psycosyin), but I think when they up the tempo feel less out of place in Psilcosyin for me now even though the track always sounded great, I just felt Psycosyin was better because that track is just the faster tempo part but extended.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:34 AM, Mesh Gear Fox said:

i listened to further harm again expecting to like it and i'm afraid it still doesn't click for me all these years later. it's interesting, but i wouldn't single it out as the best track or anything.

idk for me the track sticks out because it's so weird and varied compared to the rest of the tracks (wich are also weird and varying but less)

Spanners is one of the cornerstones of IDM for sure!

Another TBD album I love is Temple of Transparent Balls. Much of it sounds admittedly dated, but everyone should hear Cost II and In The Light Of Grey at least.

Even though I’ll admit I say all the time I find Bytes and Temple of Transparent Balls to be dated and not the best material around Plaid, but I still really enjoy them and I can understand it was early fucking IDM and was influential at it’s time. Loads of tracks I go back to. I really need to listen to post-Plaid Black Dog to see if I love them as much or even better than what Plaid would become

24 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

Even though I’ll admit I say all the time I find Bytes and Temple of Transparent Balls to be dated and not the best material around Plaid, but I still really enjoy them and I can understand it was early fucking IDM and was influential at it’s time. Loads of tracks I go back to. I really need to listen to post-Plaid Black Dog to see if I love them as much or even better than what Plaid would become

Really hard to compare the two. Very different styles. Newer Black Dog is more straight ahead “techno” and not very IDMish.

Archived