IGNORED

i don't understand most of this michael jackson "wow" stuff

sinicalypse

i don't get all of this outpouring of "oh my god we've lost him" and cue a shot of the apollo theatre and some people standing there signing some wall and this and that, it's like... i just dont get it. you've had at least 18 fucking years to prepare for this. don't get me wrong with the state of 24/7 newscycles you could do a lot worse than hearing a bunch of that golden age music and hearing how the rest of the jacksonian freakshows are going about their things, but this whole thing where massmedia companies give us celeb after celeb after musician mixed in with 5000 random commoners talking about how this took them by surprise they dont know what to say it's a sad sad day for the world... huh?! what the fuck are you idiots talking about the writing has been on the wall for quite some time.

if michael jackson died in 1986 or something then i get this whole giant big deal thing... hell pretty much any year before 1991, altho technically 1993 is the year where everyone realized he was weird, it's just for me 1991 with that dangerous LP is where i roundly checked out of the phenomenon... but i mean it's like YOU FUCKING IDIOTS THIS GUY HASN'T BEEN RELEVANT SINCE 1991 AND I'D LIKELY ARGUE 1987 IS MORE APROPOS. seriously HE WAS FUCKING BLEACHING HIMSELF SINGING A SONG SAYING IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU'RE BLACK OR WHITE ***IN 1991***. am i the only fucking person capable of taking a hint here?!@

so yeah, he DID essinestially die approximately 18 years ago, altho many would have that at 16 and i get it... i mean the pederass stuff does what it does, but the motherfucker HAS been gone for a very long time and he was never going to be able to make a song that anyone would want to hear again. in the mid-late 90s he got all touchy feely singy hold hands unite love each other and being some sort of a goodwill ambassador to the world that children can look up to (that is, if they avoid his face) and rah... and then did you know he did a music video with chris tucker sometime in the 2000s?! no bullshit. it starts off like him and chris tucker are sitting on a street talking shit about this and that and they decide to bust a move on a bitch and michael's like "oh i got this one" and it's like NO YOU DON'T YOU FUCKING FREAK YOUR FACE IS MELTING DEVOLVING AND GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE AND THE ONLY REASON THE WOMAN HERE IS GOING TO SUCCOMB TO YOUR TRADITIONALLY-RAPIST STYLE MOVES OF STALKING A WOMAN AND DANCING CIRCLES AROUND HER IS BECAUSE SHE'S HANDSOMELY PAID TO BE IN YOUR VIDEO.

incidentally, have you seen his "the way you make me feel" video?!@ he's some sort of a prodigal rapist there going after ol girl... and obviously this is part of the artistic license society has with its media formats, as most protagonists in major movies are considered "smitten" and "in love" when they spend an hour or two forcing a hookup with the one protagonist-lite bitch who from the very first glance you can groan and go "ugh, so she's going to be the victim here" so like i find it so fucking amusing that in videos, especially those after the world found out that he got off to 8 year olds, dude, 8 year olds.... is that he can go back to videos and act like the insurmountably heterosexual wunkderkind who could get every bitch he wanted like back in 79-84 and it's so false and manufactured and like, it makes you wonder if michael jackson at the end would've traded his wealth celebrity fame and all of it just to be able to be your average suburban pedophile who gets away with it for like 25+ years without ever getting caught?!@

honestly tho i don't mean to give off the wrong vibe, michael jackson is a tragedy... how someone can go from being the norse god of pussy in 82-83 to a weird gangly old white facially-decaying dude who basically was in perma-clownface is a study in human behavior that justifies the media coverage of this, but like... accidentally, some network anchor made the most poignant and brilliant fucking diss of someone hanging outside of either the apollo or his childhood house in gary indiana (we get perpetual updates of that in chicago).... he asked some girl, and not in a dickish way tho it cracked me the fuck up and if i were asking it it would be quite dickish... "well.. i mean, why are you here?! what exactly are you getting out of being here going forward?!@" and i was like FUCKING A NAIL THE BITCH and she was like "uhhhh well michael jackson is a giant inspiration and influence on my life and...."

no, bitch, michael jackson wasn't a giant influence on your life. you probably work in a fucking office doing boring shit and the only reason you love michael jackson is his golden age (79-84) is tied in so heavily with that era that it starts reminding you of life back then and you reminisce and think "wow, i used to have hopes and dreams and goals and said i'd be special this unique that awesome that and now i'm just some schmoe bitch who works in an office whose life is completely cookiecutter and thus hearing those songs takes you back mentally, but otherwise, michael jackson has in no way shape or form influenced you and your ability to open envelopes, type, or even make it to the burger king on the other side of town before your lunch break is up.

maybe this is the price for reaching the upper echelon of being worshipped by people long past your prime, elvis devolved into a supereccentrically fat megauberdrugaddict that makes someone like me look like a sad peasant even with my years and money tossed in, and like, it seems that michael jackson was just going along on heroin/morphine/opiates/whatever and now that he's gone it can't be seen as all that surprising... i mean if you showed someone who had no idea who this guy was a picture of him in the 2000s and said "he's going to be dead by the end of the decade" you'd get laughed at and be like "no shit" so now that it happens i find it so very fucking disingenuous that everyone's pretending the glove-toting guy from that magical motown 25th anniversary special all of a sudden was ripped from us and leaving us with a giant loss... no, that guy's been gone for nearly two decades, and as such i can't wait for this story to go away so then i can go back to finding odd records of his... i passed on a copy of the thriller 12" like 2 weeks ago thinking "man it's thriller it'll always be around" and now they're all sold now cuz it's the kurt cobain tupac shakur bump and yeah.... people are idiots morons and always trying to take advantage of the moment to twist whatever happened into shining a light on them, and what influences and inspires them, and this whole thing has been a perfect fucking representation of that and i'll be glad when i can make a flip through tv channels and not be reminded by more peasants that michael jackson shaped their lives... ha!

I'll sum up this for you quickly and succinctly: He sold a shitton of music, and is unlikely to be topped ever again (especially considering how the music industry is changing). Regardless of any of the things he did during his life was unpalatable to most, the fact remains he ranks up there with the Beatles as one of the greatest performers of all time.

Guest 277: 930-933

You don't understand fandom or admiration.

From this I conclude you have a hard time empathizing, from this I conclude you have Aspergers.

Thank you,

Dr. 277: 930-933, M.D.

Actually, I somewhat agree with you Sini but this is just how things are.

Someone dies and people get all weird and get this fucked up sense of entitlement and the way the media deals with it is fucked up and the entire Celebrity Cult of the 'civilized' world is fucked up.

It's why I don't watch TV and stopped reading any newspapers, I don't need other people's opinions on shit, I don't need to know what's going on in the lifes of people I don't know and don't care about, it's hard enough keeping up with the lifes of the people you do care about.

I'll sum up this for you quickly and succinctly: He sold a shitton of music, and is unlikely to be topped ever again (especially considering how the music industry is changing). Regardless of any of the things he did during his life was unpalatable to most, the fact remains he ranks up there with the Beatles as one of the greatest performers of all time.

no no no man i totally understand that it's a bit erga to read one of my ranty posts, but if you had you'd see that i said nothing that questioned the media coverage over it in and of itself. i mean i get that the guy from 79-94 was a force that did far more than just sell a shit-ton of records, as he got black people on MTV and the fact that the coolest guy on the planet was unquestionably a black guy, well for race relations that's htis and that... and selling 50something million odd copies of thriller will never happen again, namely because we've got more choices and our culture is that of one that regurgitates things from the past so quickly it'll turn you right round round round and etc...

what i don't get is why people have to feign that they're shocked that this happened, or that "we lost a legend today" or "the world will never be the same" --- the michael jackson that we both speak of in high regards was effectively gone since 1991 in my eyes, 1993 in the world's. he fell the fuck off so precipitously and unequivocally that he was perhaps the biggest transformation from "coolest motherfucker in the world" circa 82-83 to "creepiest motherfucker in the world" and you know i really do have a shit-ton of empathy for the guy and i do feel that his tale is one of genuine tragedy and it speaks volumes for what his father did to him and the family and you can look at hte fame the whole family is rich nowadays even after his death they've got a "compound" like the kennedys do, afterall... but if you're joe jackson you basically had to have one of your kids give up his fucking soul and ultimately his humanity to do it, and there's a very powerful philosophical question in there if it's worth it or not and of course everyone's gonna remember thriller and say but it sold so much did so much as'lfk;daslf;asd but when you get down to it, part of me thinks that michael jackson woulda gladly traded his life for that of a completely normal person, probably sometime around 1990 or so when he had to know that he was going down a path from which, evidently, he's the only person who could ever come back because this reminiscing is for the guy who was who he was in 1982, not the guy we've had since then. who knows.

the thing i'll always remember about michael jackson is the lesson that one can learn from him.... dream for the stars and become what you think you wanna be when you're nobody, but like, your humanity very well could be the price.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

leaving the house has become harder. got dragged shopping on saturday and every single shop (no exceptions) had mj on the stereo. many cars driving past with windows down mj blasting. i'm staying home today

THIS GUY HASN'T BEEN RELEVANT SINCE 1991 AND I'D LIKELY ARGUE 1987 IS MORE APROPOS.

agreed, but before 87 he was super relevant. i wasn't even 10 at the time so excuse me the childish notion of what the world was like, but back then he was the coolest guy in the world with the most wicked dance moves, the best shows, the best music, the best voice, he looked the coolest, had the best videos, the most fans, hell the most everything (ok, he only dated brooke shields for a while, so in the girl department he was lacking - but being a pre-teen, you don't care for chicks, at least hardly). he was like your coolest big brother who you looked up to. after '87 that coolest big brother went coco, i'll give you that. but still, that person who once was that super ultra cool guy doesn't walk this world anymore. the once coolest big brother (who became ultra uncool after 87) has died...

:cry:

It's hard to be sad about this shit or even find it tragic. It isn't even newsworthy unless there's a noose around a cock.

Shit, yeah - forgot already about David Carradine

becuase we all depeply wished for an eventual comeback.

Yeah, it would have been nice to see him make a big success out of this grand tour they had planned, and see him gain some current musical relevance again...

You don't understand fandom or admiration.

From this I conclude you have a hard time empathizing, from this I conclude you have Aspergers.

Thank you,

Dr. 277: 930-933, M.D.

Actually, I somewhat agree with you Sini but this is just how things are.

Someone dies and people get all weird and get this fucked up sense of entitlement and the way the media deals with it is fucked up and the entire Celebrity Cult of the 'civilized' world is fucked up.

It's why I don't watch TV and stopped reading any newspapers, I don't need other people's opinions on shit, I don't need to know what's going on in the lifes of people I don't know and don't care about, it's hard enough keeping up with the lifes of the people you do care about.

dude your thoughtful edit (after the dr.277 for anyone else) fucked me up.... i was going to remark that i couldn't hear you because i had richard jamesian cock in my mouth =D

you know there's some sort of thing written up by some old powerful coot in the 70s who spoke of looking at media going ahead and he basically spelled it out that the media needed to go from just reporting news to offering opinions so therefore they could not just tell the people what happened and hope it shaped how they thought, moreover, they could have people on "both sides" giving opinion so people by and large agree with those and those opinions become paramount. that's what your addendum makes me think of... but yeah srsly the venom of what i've got is directed at those people hanging outside the apollo for 12 hours a day or the house in gary indiana or hte hospital in LA, and i mean there's shit all over the world little things like that i reckon like i could see a day of it maybe and this and that, but really, think of it this way.... if aphex twin died would we be on television telling people how he inspired us and influenced us and changed our lives!?@

even tho that kind of did happen for me, still, most people don't have epiphanies based on album artwork

right on Sini, worshipping the cult of personality is 'dangerously' at an all time high....

the most famous man in the world is dead and all people can say is how much they loved him, made their lives better, that he was the Jesus of music but instead they love a dysfunctional, body image freak, who had a pet monkey named bubbles whom passed up sex with Brooke Shields...

Quincy Jones is the real hero...

speaking of the Beatles Rexy, I wonder who has the music now, hopefully LaToya!

THIS GUY HASN'T BEEN RELEVANT SINCE 1991 AND I'D LIKELY ARGUE 1987 IS MORE APROPOS.

agreed, but before 87 he was super relevant. i wasn't even 10 at the time so excuse me the childish notion of what the world was like, but back then he was the coolest guy in the world with the most wicked dance moves, the best shows, the best music, the best voice, he looked the coolest, had the best videos, the most fans, hell the most everything (ok, he only dated brooke shields for a while, so in the girl department he was lacking - but being a pre-teen, you don't care for chicks, at least hardly). he was like your coolest big brother who you looked up to. after '87 that coolest big brother went coco, i'll give you that. but still, that person who once was that super ultra cool guy doesn't walk this world anymore. the once coolest big brother (who became ultra uncool after 87) has died...

:cry:

i was born in september of 1980, and as such i grew up in the 80s. allow me to preface this by saying that i pray for reincarnation so i can have a chance to be born in 1960 so then i could really really live in the 80s, i mean, it's like that brilliant cylob song says "this is where we want to be... the future has arrived" etc. part of the reason i'm a self-described electric messiah is because going back to my childhood i absolutely loved the musical soundscape of synthpop... 80s music. the cheese the stuff that was supposed to be epic fail for the great jeans and flannel revolution of 1991, i totally embraced that cuz i'd hear so many of those songs like yaz's don't go or that one from the nintendo DS commercial and this and that and like it provides this ethereal backdrop for my life and consequent perspective on music... it's why i get goosebumps when i hear that press your luck song i did, cuz that theme song was arguably my favorite piece of music from the 80s, which even includes the nintendo realm... altho i dunno man anyone who knows the RBI baseball song knows htat one has to be fighting for the crown.

i was never a musical kid, in fact i didn't really get into music til the age of 14 when a copy of analogue bubblebath 4 showed up, so i do confess to being an odd one... that said, the earliest memories i have of jackson was this VHS tape my mom had where she used to tape music videos back when they were omnipresent and like she used to be cool and have good taste in music before she gave up weed, and as time wears on... sihg. but that tape had the extended thriller billie jean some eurythmics this catchy george harrison song with a cool video called said on you and man a whole bunch of stuff like that.... i remember michael jackson being a larger than life figure, like, he was "it" when i was around 5-6-7 years old. i remember seeing that leave me alone video and liking the video and the song, hell i even knew the context of what it was... smooth criminal and stuff was what it was, and you know he was there and i never really put much thought into it, but like, he was already established as the thing... when my consciousness came into focus, michael jackson was there and at the top.

and like, his music was genetically engineered to be vanilla and have massappeal and whatnot, i mean give quincy jones credit for coming up with anthemic pop hooks but after a verse chrorus verse when he'd try to change up and reprise into some sort of a modified articulation/climax of the thing, wow it was fucking elevator music quality.

and then 1991 came and i remember this big deal with teh simpsons having an episode and then michael jackson's video debuted IN PRIMETIME ON NATIONAL TELEVISION and woooo... and that video was black or white. and it creeped me out as a kid cuz it's not like i'm racist but thats when he started to try and make some let's all hold hands and unite and sing songs and be one people shit, prolly cuz he got sick of making songs about wanting to fuck bitches when he clearly was interested in little boys, and this holier than thou ambassador-of-earth thing and i dunno... in the perspective of my lifetime he always was larger than life, and like, that wasn't a good thing for these last 18-19 years, i'll have you know.

i reckon if i was teenaged or older when that first hit and became a phenomenon i'd have a different take, but it's like i always took thriller for granted cuz it was kind of always there and it always will be and as such it wasn't some radical status-quo busting change for me and my musical tastes

right on Sini, worshipping the cult of personality is 'dangerously' at an all time high....

the most famous man in the world is dead and all people can say is how much they loved him, made their lives better, that he was the Jesus of music but instead they love a dysfunctional, body image freak, who had a pet monkey named bubbles whom passed up sex with Brooke Shields...

speaking of the Beatles Rexy, I wonder who has the music now, hopefully LaToya!

damn, you know actually that brooke shields thing reminded me of a story i heard on some old obscure-ish documentary that'll probably get played again soon. back during the jackson 5 days when michael was approximately 14 his older brothers, who used to get mad roadpussy back in the day so much so that even daddy joe got the leftovers, decided that it was time for them to get their lil brother michael laid. so they got a cute groupie girl who obviously wanted michael and they grabbed michael and they tossed them into a room, threw the door closed, and managed to lock them in the room/barricade the door shut, occasionally hooting and being like "go michael go michael"

the girl, who was interviewed in her adulthood, said that even tho she was like OMFG michael started sweating and getting really creeped out and then began talking about jesus and essentially tried to convert her to whatever sect of christianity he's a part of (likely the first baptist church of 6th ave or something) and jesus this and that and yeah....

see either michael always was gay and then as time wore on he fancied kids because he saw a purity in kids / their lack of mental fortitude meant they couldnt scheme against him and it's probably a latent control issue... or well, the man got fucked up and burned out on pussy and gravitated towards kids. but like, if your endgame is 10 year old penises and assholes, you must not've been much of a fan of the pussy in the first place.

When assessing Michael Jackson's role on his records, keep in mind that Quincy Jones did some shit music in with other artists in the '80s.

quincy jones is by and large an overrated producer... now i know some are gonna be like "how can you say that?!@" and i do confess that as i type this the opening riff to beat it is in my head.... yeah he made anthemic pop synthhooks for the ages, but like, if you actually start to look at michael jackson's great great songs really analytically you can see that they're hackishly created and so vanilla as if they don't want to take a chance and lose even one potential album sale by trying to do something that hasn't been done before, so they just vanilla'd it up and like, with just about any of michael jackson's songs after about 2-2:30 in the song you can tell they're plum out of ideas and rely on the strength of that synth-hook and michael's voice and dancing to carry it out.

oh yeah btw i forgot to mention this in all of my babbling b4... michael jackson had macualey culkin rapping in that black white video. in faux-thug-gear.

that's when michael jackson jumped the shark for sure.

edit: fuck fuck shit shit fuck i've gotta get up to milwaukee to see my guy frank snow, aka francisco nieve, take on the brewers.... free ticket, altho it's an ex heroin guy tryin'ta get me to bring shit up for him. thanks for helping me to burn enough time so i didnt succomb to doing that... peace!

HIStory is a great album. everyone should listen to it. it's got very interesting production. i don't think quincy jones produced it. crazy album

IN REGARDS TO MICHAEL JACKSON'S SKIN COLOR

I've been getting fucking angry reading comments about this. get your fucking facts straight before you go perpetuating a rumor, you bastards. he never CHOSE to have white skin:

Jackson's skin was a medium-brown color for the entire duration of his youth, but starting in the early 1980s, his skin gradually grew paler. This change gained widespread media coverage, including rumors that Jackson was bleaching his skin.[11] In the mid-1980s, Jackson was diagnosed with vitiligo and lupus; the latter was in remission in Jackson's case, and both illnesses made him sensitive to sunlight. The treatments he used for his condition further lightened his skin tone, and, with the application of pancake makeup to even out blotches, he could appear very pale.[53] The structure of his face changed as well; several surgeons have speculated that Jackson had undergone multiple nasal surgeries, a forehead lift, thinned lips and a cheekbone surgery.[54] Changes to his face were, in part, due to periods of significant weight loss.[20] Jackson lost weight in the early 1980s because of a change in diet and a desire for "a dancer's body".[55] Witnesses reported that Jackson was often dizzy and speculated that he was suffering from anorexia nervosa; periods of weight loss would become a recurring problem for the singer later in life.[56] Some medical professionals have publicly stated their belief that the singer had body dysmorphic disorder, a psychological condition whereby the sufferer has no concept of how he is perceived by others.[53]

"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight,' people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.'"[57]

—Michael Jackson

Archived