IGNORED

WARP Confirms "Seven Forty Seven" As Unreleased BoC Track

Joyrex

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Take my heat!" doesn't make any sense Jacko!

I'll forgive your ignorance, but I was referring to the Aphex Twin song, Beetles, and the long-debated subject of whether is says that the aforementioned insects in the song come out at night or in the heat.

Guest ~ism

maybe they just can't be arsed letting anyone hear a totally new track, maybe they haven't written anything that's any good these days, or anything that is sounding decent is still a candidate for the next album and thus being kept for that. they don't owe anyone anything. fanatisicm can blind people to that fact.

trying to predict or second guess why a couple of dudes who make music choose to do one thing as opposed to another, is just self-indulgence.

i'd imagine they both take endless pleasure in messing with crazy fans minds with just the slightest of activity once a blue moon. hardly have to work hard to maintain feverish interest in them. that's the best kind of artistry!

maybe they just can't be arsed letting anyone hear a totally new track, maybe they haven't written anything that's any good these days, or anything that is sounding decent is still a candidate for the next album and thus being kept for that. they don't owe anyone anything. fanatisicm can blind people to that fact.

trying to predict or second guess why a couple of dudes who make music choose to do one thing as opposed to another, is just self-indulgence.

i'd imagine they both take endless pleasure in messing with crazy fans minds with just the slightest of activity once a blue moon. hardly have to work hard to maintain feverish interest in them. that's the best kind of artistry!

holyu shit. BLUE MOON. who's going to travel with me to scotland. ism you down?

• 4 weeks later...

NOOOOOO

weak.

wow...glad i dropped $150 for one web loop.

thats it. that band is officially done. thats freakin weak. why not one of the live tracks....or something that hasnt actually been heard.

perhaps christ. was the the writer of the group and the boc expended all the stuff they had jotted down before he left.

disappointed...completely.

i don't know if it matters to you or not, but there's remixes of Kaini Industries and A Beautiful Place Out In The Country by Mira Calix and Bibio in the boxset as well...

I too was hoping for something totally unheard, but I'm still happy that such a good track is finally seeing the light of day.

Um, actually you dropped $150 on a box set. There's more in that box set than one BOC song. If you bought the box set just for the BOC track, you are an idiot and you should have downloaded it on a P2P website.

747 mixed.mp3

Just for shits and giggles I made a pretty functional loop out of the individual samples in the MP3 that was posted earlier. Mostly because I was curious about how all of them would fit together...

it can't get any better than boc and ae having the longest tracks on the vinyl

the girl from the clip from the song does sound like shes saying it's in my head

whoever that was i read saying that's what she's saying

the weird thing that's kinda sad to me hearing the song they chose was a plane that crashed

years ago when i was growing up and many other flight 747 planes going down, google it

the weird thing that's kinda sad to me hearing the song they chose was a plane that crashed

years ago when i was growing up and many other flight 747 planes going down, google it

please don't start new BOC conspiracies. Enough is fucking enough. It's just a track name.

please don't start new BOC conspiracies. Enough is fucking enough. It's just a track name.

ok. lets keep it fun. listen to this mp3 i captured from boc's website years ago of seven forty seven.

when the girls voice pans to the left side she IS SAYING 'do my hair'

in reference to the song from old tunes 'light clear hair' haha

just listen. it's fun!

oops sorry here's the track

just listen. it's fun!

Wow, you're right - It is fun ! I don't think I've had quite so much fun than that other time that I had some fun.

It's 'Turn my head' BTW.

Warp 20 gets a two page review in this months Wire magazine.

There is no mention of BoC's 747, so either the track is not worthy of praise (or ridicule) or the pre release editions doing the rounds don't include the track.

The other "unheard" tracks are mentioned though as is Mira Calix's version of IABPOITC.

There is also a three page Warp retrospective in this months Clash magazine.

Although it doesn't include an album review, there is a small feature on BoC and reproduces parts of their interview with the band from 2005.

• 1 month later...
Guest extherium

I guess now that the track itself has been officially released, I'll say that mix on the previous page is roughly accurate as to what it sounds like. Only so much you can do with those samples, eh?

Anyway, I really enjoy it. Perhaps on the (blatantly obvious) intentions of the brothers, the track is reminiscent of flying in a plane, particularly with that constant background hissing noise. Those who have flown will know what I mean.

Guest Dogboy73

I found listening to Seven Forty Seven surprisingly crap.

Not that taken by it myself. Incredible the excitement it has generated though.

I listened to it, and it's interesting, because whereas the "interactive" version fit into a post-Geogaddi sound as far as placing it in Boards' musical chronology, this "proper" version seems not to fit anywhere - it would be out of place on MHTRTC, certainly not the pre-Twoism or OT style material, and I'd find it out of place with Geogaddi or The Campfire Headphase or Trans-Canada Highway as well.

It almost doesn't sound BoC-ish - in fact, if someone told me this was not a BoC track, I'd half believe them.

As for whether I like the track or not - I'm a bit mixed - I don't dislike or like it either way. Perhaps more listens will sway me either way.

Archived