how do you like your eggs?

Guest boo

106 members have voted

1. 1. how do you like your eggs?

• raw
    • pickled/preserved/smoked
    • soft-boiled
    • hard-boiled
    • fried on one side, sunny side up (normal)
    • fried on both sides, over easy/runny
    • fried on both sides, over medium/normal
    • fried on both sides, over well/hard
    • scrambled
    • omelette
    • baked/shirred/?ufs en cocotte
    • poached
    • coddled
    • deviled
    • steamed
    • french toast/egg in the basket
    • 300 minute
    • with a kiss

How do you fry an egg on both sides and keep it runny? Maybe I have a pretty strict definition of runny but still. 'Sunny side up' it is, ideally as part of a croque madame. Omelettes are good too, preferably with lots of stuff thrown in.

Put about a tablespoon of olive oil in the pan. Hot pan on medium heat. Flip it when the whites get solid and take it off after a bout 30-60 seconds on the 2nd side.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how do 8 people like soft boiled and only 1 person (ME) likes hard boiled? soft boiled is a good way to get weird diseases, i'll tell u what.

hard boiled eggs are convenient and delicious snacks. i prefer them to any other egg type, although i do like scrambled and fried for breakfast.

i often buy a box of eggs and just boil them all, hard and cooled, ready to go. soft-boiled eggs either need to be eaten with a spoon, in one mouth full or with something absorbent (I'm not sure disease is really that much of a risk but that depends on the eggs). hard boiled is the most convenient for sure, and that appeals to me more these days.

Archived