IGNORED

If not Chris Clark than who?

Mr12000

Guest ezkerraldean

the people who dislike clarks music just plain don't get it. it's just like when you don't get autechre at first, you think it's just these weird noises and has no emotion or melody to it or whatever, and you come up with all these reasons why it's bad.. the reason you don't like it is because you just don't get it.

YEAH

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta admit, though -- Clark's record thread in New Releases has a shit ton of posts, many from nubs, which is awesome. What do you think it is about him that generates so much conversation?

i am wondering the same thing, sorry to bring up tim exile again but compare it to his Warp records release thread for 'listening tree' which only went to 4 pages - http://forum.watmm.com/topic/41289-tim-exile-listening-tree/page__view__findpost__p__1027813__hl__exile__fromsearch__1

yeah because the album sucks as he does suck live aswell

don't get me wrong I did like his releases back then but the self-righteous way he uses vocals on the new release just isn't good at all

i jsut think as far as new Warp acts goes Exile is far more interesting and innovative. You may not like the way he does vocals on his new album and hey i don't either. I just think he has brought a lot more to the table.. especially his live act which i think blows away the majority of people trying to pull off anything resembling a 'live' electronic music set from sequencing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5SVhGg5UV8

Guest beatfanatic

the people who dislike clarks music just plain don't get it. it's just like when you don't get autechre at first, you think it's just these weird noises and has no emotion or melody to it or whatever, and you come up with all these reasons why it's bad.. the reason you don't like it is because you just don't get it.

lol

well autechre isn't like clark at all, but yes there is a lot of depth to clark's music that takes multiple listens... and yes because music is subjective the people who don't like clark's music really "don't get it." It's obviously not for them nearly as much as it is for Chris Clark or you or myself...

I don't get why people "lol" at this though... its factually pretty accurate. Coming up with reasons why you don't like it, is pointless and a waste of your time. Music should be appreciated not ridiculed! even if it isn't your thing... hell I don't like most world music, but I don't go to foreign countries complaining why I don't think their music is good, or hell even on the internet.

well autechre isn't like clark at all, but yes there is a lot of depth to clark's music that takes multiple listens... and yes because music is subjective the people who don't like clark's music really "don't get it." It's obviously not for them nearly as much as it is for Chris Clark or you or myself...

I don't get why people "lol" at this though... its factually pretty accurate. Coming up with reasons why you don't like it, is pointless and a waste of your time. Music should be appreciated not ridiculed! even if it isn't your thing... hell I don't like most world music, but I don't go to foreign countries complaining why I don't think their music is good, or hell even on the internet.

thanks, i didn't get why they were lolling either.. :blink:

• 3 months later...

I spent a few hours mining this thread earlier today (when I was supposed to be working) and goddamn there's some good stuff. Tons added to my wishlist. :w00t: As if I wasn't already overwhelmed with the amount of awesome music out there.

So thanks everybody!

lol

Archived