IGNORED

If not Chris Clark than who?

Mr12000

You gotta admit, though -- Clark's record thread in New Releases has a shit ton of posts, many from nubs, which is awesome. What do you think it is about him that generates so much conversation?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta admit, though -- Clark's record thread in New Releases has a shit ton of posts, many from nubs, which is awesome. What do you think it is about him that generates so much conversation?

i am wondering the same thing, sorry to bring up tim exile again but compare it to his Warp records release thread for 'listening tree' which only went to 4 pages - http://forum.watmm.com/topic/41289-tim-exile-listening-tree/page__view__findpost__p__1027813__hl__exile__fromsearch__1

well, after having listened to totems flare properly, i have to say that i like tracks 1, 4 and 6. not a bad album finally, my apologies if i sounded like a narrow-minded cunt.

his live performances are still fucking shite though - and i saw him live twice

The trouble with hailing the best idm/electronic artist is that we all have varying levels of knowledge regarding this subject.

If we had a consolidated list of links to lots of the best voted songs, we could probably progress quite quick. A great, great song is usually commonly agreed upon to a certain extent and thus it would have higher votes. I'm sure if you did create such a system you would eventually find the better tracks moving apart from the poor ones. Sadly the infrastructure isn't there to listen directly to mp3's because they aren't always on soulseek, or in shops, or on youtube etc. Spotify would be ideal for this but lacks many record labels.

This is a shit idea. IDM idol wooo! Music ain't a competition.

Guest JohnTqs

For a long time now, I've assumed my favorite electronic artists to be gay until otherwise stated. People (Midwest US) always think you just listen to "gay bar music" anyway no matter how you try to explain it. To me, it's hilarious because some of the guys who probably plug the deepest ass make some of the hardest beats (Surgeon, British Murder Boys, Regis)...not the housey Diva disco people are expecting.

But this just goes to show why sexuality is a nearly worthless dimension upon which to discuss electronic music...except for:

Venetian Snares

Aphex Twin

Otto Von Schirach

and any others that regularly deal with "spooj", cunts, tits, fisting, and other great stuff in their tracks.

interesting, i've never thought about the sexuality of my favorite musicians

i'll bet 20 squarepusher has sucked a few dicks

Guest joshier

this tread has really gone down hill. still, a few pages back there were some good artist recommendations so if you don't wanna read about idm homosexuals, skip back to page 5

the people who dislike clarks music just plain don't get it. it's just like when you don't get autechre at first, you think it's just these weird noises and has no emotion or melody to it or whatever, and you come up with all these reasons why it's bad.. the reason you don't like it is because you just don't get it.

Guest ezkerraldean

the people who dislike clarks music just plain don't get it. it's just like when you don't get autechre at first, you think it's just these weird noises and has no emotion or melody to it or whatever, and you come up with all these reasons why it's bad.. the reason you don't like it is because you just don't get it.

YEAH

Guest narkeworld

lol

i am wondering the same thing, sorry to bring up tim exile again but compare it to his Warp records release thread for 'listening tree' which only went to 4 pages - http://forum.watmm.com/topic/41289-tim-exile-listening-tree/page__view__findpost__p__1027813__hl__exile__fromsearch__1

yeah because the album sucks as he does suck live aswell

don't get me wrong I did like his releases back then but the self-righteous way he uses vocals on the new release just isn't good at all

Guest narkeworld

I can't believe you're saying somebody like Awepittance doesn't understand new electronic music.

I'm almost 100% sure you're a troll or an idiot.

Archived