IGNORED

Ulillillia's Site Updated!

Joyrex

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Sadly there are probably a lot of people like him, and for whatever reason never got interested in technology or the internet and thus their stories are never known...

There are many people like him who are unfortunately largely misunderstood and marginalised by society. That's why it's important to bring stories like this to light to inform and educate. I hope you're not suggesting it's sad these people exist in the first place?

Someone should contact Louis Theroux to see if he'd be interested in doing the documentary instead. Those guys clearly don't know what they're doing if it's taken them three years to come up with absolutely nothing of value. It would pretty much write itself surely? One of the most fascinating characters ever

I half wonderr if they did something and felt bad doing a silly jokey documentary after getting to know him and sympathising with the dude.

I imagine it would be a hard balancing act making something entertaining but respectful

Yeah it sounded that way to me too reading their excuses. I hope they do it justice

yeh i actually just thought that. it is true, he does seem to be happy. but then are edited videos taken out of a context and cherry picked out of a person's life a real indicator of who they are? i dont know. on the other hand at his site he himself lists his quirks as a list of 'issues' and 'problems' which he wants to get rid of. so i think the idea that this is a guy who's perfectly happy with his extreme isolation is seriously questionable. he seems to be making some improvement but its like what about bob's baby steps. nobody can know but him and maybe his family i guess but i personally wouldn't be surprised if he was severely depressed. i think not being able to look in a mirror says a lot too.

I can't comment on that aspect cause the guy has severe OCD and I have little to no knowledge of how it works and affects people, but you're right in the cherry picking issue and that's why I really want to se his documentary, cause it looks like it'll show more of that other side of him

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
2 hours ago, hello spiral said:

yeah it's a nice video. He knew nothing about it though. I chat to him on FB on the reg and he was wondering why loads of people were suddenly friend requesting him.

Interesting... what in the world do you chat with him about? (if you don't mind me asking)

Who would like to be high functioning asperger? I think I would. I already don't really like people that much, but then you get all these special powers.

Edited by marf

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 2:50 PM, mcbpete said:

The full length doc is finally out !

I remember this was supposed to come out in 2012.

Please note that this is an unfinished edit and not a completed film, so there is no audio mastering, colour grading, or other fine-tuning that are customary to an indie documentary today. This is as far as we got with in before we cancelled its release in 2012, planning to try a completely new edit that was just about Nick and not about the flood. Though started, this also never came to be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 5:50 AM, Uros said:

^Absolutely, you could fly and all that shit

Right, well there are people who can see numbers as shapes. They literally have what it seems to have super human function. So, cute come back

I hadn't checked up on him in a long time bu I finally watche The Platform Master last week and then had a look to see how he's doing (since I did know he had moved in to his own place a while back), and it seems like he's in a really good spot compared to where he was in 2010.  It's really great to see, I've been rooting for him ever since he used to post on the old Portal of Evil forums back before their decline in the mid 00s.

• Like 1

He is so obsessed with measurements except his own time. He can code, but chooses to work minimum wage at walmart 7 days a week and spends 2 hours degreasing a pizza. 

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

• 4 months later...