IGNORED

Warp 20 Sheffield "Rave" Bass and DJ Set

Guest teetime

Guest teetime
Warp20 Night is headlined by Squarepusher playing a raved-up bass/DJ show, alongside the reformed Nightmares on Wax,

reuniting Boy Wonder (Kev Harper) with EASE (George Evelyn) for the first time since their classic debut 1991 LP Word of Science.

Andrew Weatherall will play a specially prepared DJ set for the occasion, including Sabres of Paradise material alongside other classics from the era.

The new generation of Warp electronics is amply represented by Clark (live), Hudson Mohawke (live) and Harmonic 313.

Warp Source

Breakcore set i suppose.... "Could be good" :rolleyes:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dirty Protest

Squarepusher and Andy Weatherall, that cant be anything other than a good night. Shames its in fucking Sheffield, fucking hate the town. Last time i was there the fine boys of the South Yorks constabulary reverse phalanx'ed me using horses and shields from Bramell Lane to the train station, then sent me the wrong way down the line. Dont get on well with the town. S'pose thats what I get for supporting Englands most hated football club (sorry Milwall, youre nothing ).

Guest teetime

That is pretty rave-bassy. Awesome track

This is one of the "Hello Everything Outtakes" he played since 2005, and on the breezeblock set in 2006.

He plays this tracks exclusevly live i suppose along with "the upminister" a ultravisitor outtake, which shares the bass solo of the breezeblock set i

suppose, depending which track he chooses to play on the gig.

Along with Breezeblock Set Track 1 (With Visuals), he didnt played this track since 2007 though.

Guest teetime

I hope he continous there he left with numbers lucent, in vain of the first version of startime 1 at bangface in 2008, the one i hoped he would release back then....

Althought the paradise garage bass progressed since bangface... The Ep version is much better.

Breakbeat tracks with more prominent bass functioning as the leading voice like in the breezeblock track 1, would be great.

Guest bitroast

I hope he continous there he left with numbers lucent, in vain of the first version of startime 1 at bangface in 2008, the one i hoped he would release back then....

Althought the paradise garage bass progressed since bangface... The Ep version is much better.

Breakbeat tracks with more prominent bass functioning as the leading voice like in the breezeblock track 1, would be great.

aren't these different versions of tracks just the same tracks but with extra bass because they're mic recordings of songs played in big venues?.................... .............

Guest Dirty Protest

Squarepusher and Andy Weatherall, that cant be anything other than a good night. Shames its in fucking Sheffield, fucking hate the town. Last time i was there the fine boys of the South Yorks constabulary reverse phalanx'ed me using horses and shields from Bramell Lane to the train station, then sent me the wrong way down the line. Dont get on well with the town. S'pose thats what I get for supporting Englands most hated football club (sorry Milwall, youre nothing ).

Most English Post 2009

Im not English =)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dirty Protest

Cool, I dont gotta go to Sheffield.

WANG is 10.....

This November WANG will have been putting on parties for 10 years!

To say a huge thanks to all you WANGers that have supported us over the years by coming to our parties, and for all the amazing times you have therefore given us, we will be celebrating in the only way we know how, with a great big dirty warehouse rave party! 8-)

We are currently hard at work planning are most outrageous party yet..

We feel the line-up reflects some of the highlights of the last 10 years.

You can rest assured that all the sound systems will be totally unrestricted and firing on all cylinders with the sweetest heavy heavy bass sounds that make your nose twitch and your eyeballs vibrate!

Since the very start of WANG we have had a strong presence of mind-bending visuals to take your brain to another dimension and for 10th birthday party we've upped the ante yet again, with the largest old-school TV video wall seen since the 1980's, featuring over 1.5 tonnes of TV screens.

We will also have enough lights, lasers and strobes and blind a small army.

This is all due to take place on

Saturday 14th November 2009

Line-up so far....

Squarepusher - Rave & Bass set

Simian Mobile Disco - DJ Set

Andrew Weatherall

Plaid

Mark Broom

Radioactive Man - live

Richard Sen aka Padded Cell

Posthuman - live

Vibration Dub Sound System

Julian Fairshare

Soul Jazz DJs

Many more acts on the way - Keep checking wangweb for updates.

We will send out another email with more details once tickets go on sale.

http://www.wanging.com/

• 4 weeks later...
**STOP PRESS** For first time, Squarepusher is playing new, unheard dance-floor slaying material specially for the occasion at Magna. Boom!

Its official now! Who´s going, recording!?

9.30pm: Warp DJs

10.30pm: Harmonic 313

11.30pm: Hudson Mohawke

12.15am: Nightmares On Wax (Featuring EASE & Boy Wonder)

01.15am: Squarepusher

02.30am: Clark

03.30am: Andrew Weatherall

04.30am: Forgemasters

Cool, I dont gotta go to Sheffield.

WANG is 10.....

This November WANG will have been putting on parties for 10 years!

To say a huge thanks to all you WANGers that have supported us over the years by coming to our parties, and for all the amazing times you have therefore given us, we will be celebrating in the only way we know how, with a great big dirty warehouse rave party! 8-)

We are currently hard at work planning are most outrageous party yet..

We feel the line-up reflects some of the highlights of the last 10 years.

You can rest assured that all the sound systems will be totally unrestricted and firing on all cylinders with the sweetest heavy heavy bass sounds that make your nose twitch and your eyeballs vibrate!

Since the very start of WANG we have had a strong presence of mind-bending visuals to take your brain to another dimension and for 10th birthday party we've upped the ante yet again, with the largest old-school TV video wall seen since the 1980's, featuring over 1.5 tonnes of TV screens.

We will also have enough lights, lasers and strobes and blind a small army.

This is all due to take place on

Saturday 14th November 2009

Line-up so far....

Squarepusher - Rave & Bass set

Simian Mobile Disco - DJ Set

Andrew Weatherall

Plaid

Mark Broom

Radioactive Man - live

Richard Sen aka Padded Cell

Posthuman - live

Vibration Dub Sound System

Julian Fairshare

Soul Jazz DJs

Many more acts on the way - Keep checking wangweb for updates.

We will send out another email with more details once tickets go on sale.

http://www.wanging.com/

This will be very, very good! - Pusher! Plaid! Tenniswood & Weatherall! Posthuman! etc. etc.

And it's not in Sheffield! :smile: (i don't like the place either)

i recorded this on minidisc in Hi-SP format (256kbps ATRAC3plus).

I'll try to eq it to clean up the bass and shall upload after i've slept. Have been awake for 30 hours.

It was a fucking blinder of a set

i recorded this on minidisc in Hi-SP format (256kbps ATRAC3plus).

I'll try to eq it to clean up the bass and shall upload after i've slept. Have been awake for 30 hours.

It was a fucking blinder of a set

oscillik i love you :yeah: , no really you are my hero, post of the year! Thx for letting us now before you go to sleep.

Sleep Well and

THX!!!

i videoed the whole lot and will have it up by tuesday evening. the sound should be excellent. i even got osk on tape recording the thing

- about 6 new tracks

- red hot car/do you know sqrpshr mashup

- port rhombus finisher

- selection 16 track redux

and BIG NEWS FOLKS!!!!!!!

those "unreleased" aphex twin from Rome/other recent sets.. not the tuss ones, mind.. the acid killers... are ALL squarepusher tracks!!!!!! I couldn't believe my ears and neither will you's!!!!

i videoed the whole lot and will have it up by tuesday evening. the sound should be excellent. i even got osk on tape recording the thing

- about 6 new tracks

- red hot car/do you know sqrpshr mashup

- port rhombus finisher

- selection 16 track redux

and BIG NEWS FOLKS!!!!!!!

those "unreleased" aphex twin from Rome/other recent sets.. not the tuss ones, mind.. the acid killers... are ALL squarepusher tracks!!!!!! I couldn't believe my ears and neither will you's!!!!

Holy fucking cockduck

Yeh before he started he said something like "Ive been thinking of Warps 20 years and will do something different with some tunes from the archive"

- he totally fucking delivered and then some!!! I mean, to think Aphex was playing these unreleased tracks years ago and we all thought they were his own only to find his buddy handed him some bits and bobs thta we all turned out to absolutely love. Then Tom fucking plays them live!!

Archived