IGNORED

Warp 20 Sheffield "Rave" Bass and DJ Set

Guest teetime

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm waiting for the transfer from MD now....it's taking an age :( then i gotta upload it, which isn't gonna be nice since my connection is utter shite! i estimate it's gonna take at least an hour :(

i'm waiting for the transfer from MD now....it's taking an age :( then i gotta upload it, which isn't gonna be nice since my connection is utter shite! i estimate it's gonna take at least an hour :(

Great!

Again, thank you very much!

3856777052_09e704fc73.jpg

as an aside, Squarepusher generally comes across as a bit of a miserable bugger sometimes, but last night he was seriously having fun. i've not seen that many people live (NIN, My Bloody Valentine) but out of them all, Squarepusher was definitely enjoying performing the most

Ha, everyone's desperate to hear the set now, myself included. Bar the My Sharona cover the information has been very intruiging. I'm gonna head along to the Wang night and I'm sure it'll be great, he always puts on a good rave for them, but this gig sounds like it might have been a bit unique.

If he can pull a few songs out of the archive for this gig though why couldn't he do the same for the Warp box set? It feels as though with both him and Aphex, who must be amongst their biggest selling artists (with most likely a large amount of unreleased material) have been a bit poorly represented. I half expect Warp to announce that there's another 12" in the pack with a couple of select cuts from both those 2. Shame it wont happen.

actually it's worked.

since people have been getting very uppity over rules lately, i'm just gonna point you all to my twitter page. my username is same as here

:music: THX

i mean it is a little bassy but you can at least hear the melodies of the tracks. First song is really cool would love to hear a proper recording(is there one?). At 11:25 minutes in you hear that one track aphex always djs, the little thing with the delay on the detuned synth, track is fucking awesome. @ 19 you hear that other unreleased track that aphex has played(but slow). another recognizable track starts at 1hour 3minutes. at 1 hour 7 minutes isn't this that acid riff that somebody recently started a thread about in the aphex subforum?

Anyways legendary...

hahah this is incredible. i've been listening to the acid part of the afx rome set for years and it's 100% squarepusher! fucking amazing. thank you vvvery much for recording this (to both of you)!

That was brilliant, thanks very much for recording and sharing, very different from any kind of set I've heard him play before and I've seen him at least 10 times. All that unreleased goodness and put together so well. I can't wait to see him play at Wang!

Archived