IGNORED

(my) problem with autechre musick

gaarg

I used to love listening to whatever ae made. all sounds sounded great, interesting, it was advanced, it had depth, strong concept or whatever and now...

Now it sounds too mechanical. Too cold, too computerish if you like. I still listen or try listening to all kindsa ae stuff but dont work for me. Crap. Now ae used to be like Squarepusher and RDJ but now I find sp and rdj so much more...human? Even their most "computerized" moments are kinda closer to the music I need. And Autechre was the first electronic music and all and it got me into this and everything *sob

Sorry Booth, sorry Brown, it was great, it really was. Maybe this isn't goodbye at all, maybe it's just a phase. You never know eh? Heh, heh?

:sad:

Guest nene multiple assgasms

to me the newer stuff sounds more organic and less mechanical than the older stuff.

while AFX is a master, squarepusher his follower, autechre will always be in their own world of clicks beeps and otherworldly machinations. to find humanity in their music is daunting and ultimately rewarding. thats why they're my favorite.

Guest Babar

Curiously i've recently felt i'm mature enough to listen to ae. For the meantime i only listen to Draft 7.30 and Confield.

it's funny for me i feel like most of this 'challenging' autechre phase people speak of is when AE stopped being derivative of Aphex Twin and other electronic musicians. I prefer their more original unique direction

it's funny for me i feel like most of this 'challenging' autechre phase people speak of is when AE stopped being derivative of Aphex Twin and other electronic musicians. I prefer their more original unique direction

I remember an old post of yours where you described in depth why they were being derivative of Aphex and I disagreed, but all the same, I agree with the preference of unique direction.

I used to love listening to whatever ae made. all sounds sounded great, interesting, it was advanced, it had depth, strong concept or whatever and now...

Now it sounds too mechanical. Too cold, too computerish if you like. I still listen or try listening to all kindsa ae stuff but dont work for me. Crap. Now ae used to be like Squarepusher and RDJ but now I find sp and rdj so much more...human? Even their most "computerized" moments are kinda closer to the music I need. And Autechre was the first electronic music and all and it got me into this and everything *sob

Sorry Booth, sorry Brown, it was great, it really was. Maybe this isn't goodbye at all, maybe it's just a phase. You never know eh? Heh, heh?

:sad:

Nothing wrong with you at all - AE's musical direction just diverted from what you (and me) liked about their prior output.

Thanks for all opinions and suggestions. I feel my relationship with ae isn't all that over yet! However I feel like drawing a dick on a certain dick-a-drawing right now...

gaarg, if you listen closely you'll realise that Autechre hide a lot of "human" qualities in their music, like a subtle melody or something. That's why a lot of people here will tell you to listen to ae over a big loud sound system so that every detail becomes apparent.

+1

Archived