IGNORED

RDJ Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest AlexPallas

Guest AlexPallas

*yawnz* i just returned from my college campus from spring break and found a wealth of live and rare Aphex Twin material on soulseek (an electronic music based p2p program), unfortunately the program cannot be used on my campus and i didn't get enough time to download anything new :( other than an incomplete 97 set available here

i also got a another show in the itunes format (?) m4a and hopefully more formats in the future.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2000-06-10 - UK-Ireland - Belfast - Shrine Club

2000-06-11 - UK-Ireland - Temple Bar

2001-07-10 - UK-Ireland-Belfast - Shine Club

2001-07-11 - Ireland-Dublin - Temple Bar -

Just lettin you know at the minute you've double listed these gigs with different dates...

Guest AlexPallas
2000-06-10 - UK-Ireland - Belfast - Shrine Club

2000-06-11 - UK-Ireland - Temple Bar

2001-07-10 - UK-Ireland-Belfast - Shine Club

2001-07-11 - Ireland-Dublin - Temple Bar -

Just lettin you know at the minute you've double listed these gigs with different dates...

i realize that, i had read multiple times that one sets was the proper one, but a few posts ago someone told me that they hosted the venue and the other sets were proper, so i'm still not 100% sure what to go on.

lol, the track 22/23 minutes into snowbombing samples '(i want) money' by the flying lizards. a subtle joke there? :laughing:

he also plays some weirdass remix of !!! just before the analord track at 33 minutes

Guest BunnyRabbit
lol, the track 22/23 minutes into snowbombing samples '(i want) money' by the flying lizards. a subtle joke there? :laughing:

he also plays some weirdass remix of !!! just before the analord track at 33 minutes

I reckon he just likes that track for the sounds but I guess you could take it the other way. I haven't heard the mix yet but could the !!! be the LFO remix.

I used to have a small clip where he whistled and resonanated his throwt and then played the equation song before it got the fucked up effects on it.

Guest Turncoat Indian

Just watched the Dublin 93 one, didn't recognise a lot to be honest - nice to hear Start As You Mean to Go On making an early appearance though.

Are there any videos of his ICBYD/RDJ album era gigs out there anywhere? Id love to see some of his performances circa 95/96...

Guest AlexPallas

yesterday: 2003-02-28 - Norway-Oslo - Blå.mp3 added

2005-07-01 - Italy-Torino - Traffic Festival.mp3 added

thanx to everyone still sending stuff in

Guest aphelion

that sydney gig in jan 2004 was at the metro club with Luke Vibert,

great set, some jungle if i remember, very upbeat (was pretty hazy!)

my ears are still ringin. It would be nice to get some footage

of the night if anyone has (my pics are cack)

:rdjgrin:

Guest aphelion

just to confirm (in pursuit of accuracy) the gig was at "Sydney - Metro Theatre"

it was just after the "big day out" gig on the gold coast. It wasn't related

to the "big day out" really, a smaller venue, more intimate. Dunno what that

Showgrounds thing was though! (not related)

great list by the way!

post-1194-1145347828_thumb.jpg

post-1194-1145347865_thumb.jpg

post-1194-1145347878_thumb.jpg

Guest cet303
the snowbombing set is excellent... some real (new) gems on there.

most of it seems like aphex... but just to check: the track that starts ~29:33 (just after that very 'hardcore 1990' buzzing track)... it's got to be an unreleased aphex track? really love this song... sounds like it could be on 'surfing on sine waves'.

That hardcore buzzing track is Skykosis 451 - Hurricane, on bad ass toons.

http://www.discogs.com/release/159239

if anybody was curious.

Guest aphelion

yeah, i think the gold coast was the only big day out event

(nearly got a last minute ticket, cos i was in noosa at the time)

trying to find my ticket stub to scan in for you..

here is a link I found to the event (don't remember it being $49.50 mind you)

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/01/08/1073437402717.html

there was this completely nuts warmup DJ spinning some venetian snares

and stuff aswell (DJ Zeitgeist) not great, and Luke Vibert just built it up nicely

for richard really, mostly JosePH album which was released like 2 weeks before I think

Just found some blokes review of that gig aswell (I think he might be this guy I nearly punched, oops!!)

http://www.inthemix.com.au/reviews/events/13756/

A mate came along who never heard any aphex and was totally blown away (dunno what this guy was on!)

anyway... best gig of his i've been too...(each to their own!)

anyone going to glasgow by the way?

Guest AlexPallas

i know some more bootlegs of the big day out exist...i've seen them around, hopefully they'll surface here

1995-11-06 - UK - BBC Radio 3 - Mixing It With Richard D James - broadcasted 1995-11-07 (?) - audio

this is so fucking good. the xenakis track on it omfg.

lol richie is a dry bastard. re the xenakis 'that was wicked, must have been mental if they used that for the opening of a building' (which it was)

he genuinely seems to love stockhausens music, but hate stockhausen.

this is a very, very good interview.

Guest AlexPallas
was just thinking alex,

an aphex picture gallery of some kind would be a great addition!

i just put pics of richard up specific to a show in a zip file (if you want to send me more [hopefull, thought not necessarily with a date] that would be cool). as far as an actual 'picture gallery' you'd have to petition joyrex for that, and we should get a discography with high res scans too! last time i talked to joyrex he said he was busy doing code (i think for skins?). i'm sure WATMM will get around to it eventually.

Guest keirondrk

This is great!!

I've just started looking for live Aphex material, haven't had much luck so far in sourcing a lot, and sometimes hard to know

whats geniune..

Thanks for all the sets.... I look forward to any more that are about!...

Guest keirondrk

;)

I've been a purchaser of his music for years and have a nice collection of original stuff, but the live bits and video

are great to get hold off, this collection of live material seems more complete then any of other few files I've found,

I did find a few somewhere else I will be checking them out later on and seeing if any of the sets are ones not listed here... if so I'll get them yousendit uploaded for you guys.. I know I downloaded a 400mb approx set of flac files of a live show I believe..

just to note the link to 2003-02-28 - Norway-Oslo - Blå

didn't work when I clicked it but the file is there with a slightly different filename.. ;) (prob with the å)

:aphexsign:

Just watched the Dublin 93 one, didn't recognise a lot to be honest - nice to hear Start As You Mean to Go On making an early appearance though.

Are there any videos of his ICBYD/RDJ album era gigs out there anywhere? Id love to see some of his performances circa 95/96...

i seriously doubt that is in dublin

the guy at the start is speaking in french, he is also drinking evian ( french water) and he plays"Start As You Mean to Go On" that was release 2 years later (24 Apr 1995)

by the way this list is brilliant

Archived