IGNORED

King of Kong

SR4

just saw this a few minutes ago....awesome quirky documentary about the high stakes arcade gaming world....some dudes competing over Donkey Kong high scores....so many awesome characters in this movie....and including Billy Mitchell , who I was aware of but never really read about, with his crazy hair styles, american ties and his own line of hot sauce.

check this out, its an awesome movie.

i love the part where his daughter says 'i bet alot of people have ruined there lives to get into that book'

when he is telling her about Guinness Book Of World Records.

fucking brilliant.

sad? how so?

also, anyone ever seen American Movie? thats a fucking amazingly hilarious and also endearing documentary about some sad sacks in the middle of nowhere.....

gotta love the inspirational ha-ha movies.

Both 'Home Movie' and 'American Movie' are great. I think most of all because they do a nice job depicting someone who is really quirky, sometimes in a dangerous, sad or unhealthy way, but also letting them show the positive aspects of their personality too.

King of Kong, I think, treads too close to the line of making fun of the subjects or of coloring the events too much with editing. Plus, I agree with KAEN -- it is sad to see Steve Wiebe's family a bit torn up while he fucks off with his joystick in the garage all night.

the movie is enjoyable, but completely fabricated. it's about as "real" as an episode of the hills. As a fictional movie though, it's pretty damn awesome. "We got a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up...." LOL

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

after reading about how so much of the facts were skewed before watching, I didn't get emotionally involved, they did a good job of making everyone but steve weibe look like an annoying delusional douche though.

I thought this film was really boring and I didn't care in the slightest about anyone involved. The only interesting part was the section lumped on at the end when they say about the record finally being broken and even that didn't go into much detail. Overrated.

if you're looking for another good documentary on videogames check out film second skin. it's about MMOs, specifically World of Warcraft and how it destroys peoples lives

Guest Space Coyote

if you're looking for another good documentary on videogames check out film second skin. it's about MMOs, specifically World of Warcraft and how it destroys peoples lives

seconded on the thanks for recommendation. looks up my alley

• 9 months later...

Awesome film, even if it is fabricated. The characters are amazing and I was laughing all the way through. Plus the heart-warming bits bought out my gay

• 4 weeks later...

Wiebe strikes back!

Steve Wiebe regains Donkey Kong World Record from Billy Mitchell

Twin Galaxies International confirms Washington state school teacher as new champion

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TwinGalaxies.com (Press Release) – Sep 20, 2010 – Official video game scorekeeping organization Twin Galaxies has announced that the World Record on the classic arcade game Donkey Kong has changed hands for the third time this year as former champion Steve Wiebe climbs back into the top spot with a score of 1,064,500 points.

Wiebe last held the Donkey Kong record in spring of 2007, only to be bested by his movie rival Billy Mitchell months later. Mitchell's score fell to New York's Hank Chien in March of this year, but the Florida hot sauce distributor regained the title on July 31 with a score of 1,062,800 points.

Wiebe, who has attempted regaining the record at numerous live events over the years, recorded his championship game on August 30 for submission to Twin Galaxies, who verified and announced the score on Monday, September 20 as the new World Record.

Wiebe strikes back!

Steve Wiebe regains Donkey Kong World Record from Billy Mitchell

Twin Galaxies International confirms Washington state school teacher as new champion

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TwinGalaxies.com (Press Release) – Sep 20, 2010 – Official video game scorekeeping organization Twin Galaxies has announced that the World Record on the classic arcade game Donkey Kong has changed hands for the third time this year as former champion Steve Wiebe climbs back into the top spot with a score of 1,064,500 points.

Wiebe last held the Donkey Kong record in spring of 2007, only to be bested by his movie rival Billy Mitchell months later. Mitchell's score fell to New York's Hank Chien in March of this year, but the Florida hot sauce distributor regained the title on July 31 with a score of 1,062,800 points.

Wiebe, who has attempted regaining the record at numerous live events over the years, recorded his championship game on August 30 for submission to Twin Galaxies, who verified and announced the score on Monday, September 20 as the new World Record.

Great News , just because Billy Mitchell is an asshole that looks like an extra from the planet of the apes remake.

Archived