IGNORED

hiphop beats compilation

data

it's 2 am and im bored and not sleepy, so i made a little compilation of some of my old (and some really old) beats.

mastering sucks overall, but some of them are alright.

14 tracks / 22 min / 25mb - CLICK CLICK!

trackst.jpg

where can i hear more?

i dont really do alot of hiphop beats anymore, there's a couple on my virb.

hmmm. Try to use a file host that doesn't try to ass rape me with popups.

you sure it's speedyshare that's causing the popups? i've been using it to host files for years, and this is the first anyone's ever said to me about popups.

oh well ..

well, I gotta say, I was a bit underwhelmed mitch my friend. You know I love your work but this is just way out of character for you in my opinion. The less sample based songs were much better I think, if for no other reason than I know you put more effort into them, as opposed to letting a long phrase from an older song play. Well made, if a bit generic. 5/10. Sorry man. Hope you still love me. Make more '80 sounding stuff. It's brilliant. Actually, just go wherever the wind blows you, and stay true to yourself. The hip-hop sounds forced. That's a reason why I've had such a hard time making a hip-hop backing track... I can do nothing in that dept. that satisfies me enough to where I'd show it off to the public. You've inspired me to try again though.

*closes watmm*

*opens up reason*

??????

profit?

probably not. I suck at hip hop. The new luke vibert LP pulls it off something wonderful.

well, I gotta say, I was a bit underwhelmed mitch my friend. You know I love your work but this is just way out of character for you in my opinion. The less sample based songs were much better I think, if for no other reason than I know you put more effort into them, as opposed to letting a long phrase from an older song play. Well made, if a bit generic. 5/10. Sorry man. Hope you still love me. Make more '80 sounding stuff. It's brilliant. Actually, just go wherever the wind blows you, and stay true to yourself. The hip-hop sounds forced. That's a reason why I've had such a hard time making a hip-hop backing track... I can do nothing in that dept. that satisfies me enough to where I'd show it off to the public. You've inspired me to try again though.

*closes watmm*

*opens up reason*

??????

profit?

probably not. I suck at hip hop. The new luke vibert LP pulls it off something wonderful.

now that's what i call feedback, instead of just "cool" or "sucks", you took the time to actually write something.

anyway, im aware some of these beats are just lazy, but to be honest, i just made beats that i, myself, wanted to listen to. at the time i didnt really care, i mean, some of the best hiphop tracks (imho) are just unedited loops, sampled

right off the original 70's track or whatever, with beats on them (notorious big - juicy, warren g - regulators are just two that comes to mind). now, there are geniuses like dilla and premiere, but that's a whole 'nother thing.

so in short, i pretty much thought "this would sound nice with a beat on it" whenever i would hear a nice loop on some old track, and went and put a beat on it. none of the tracks in this compilation are totally unedited loops though.

anyway, i just got outta bed and im late for work, so if my english is shit at the moment, this is why.

and dont worry, we're still good. :cool:

Archived