IGNORED

Radiohead - These Are My Twisted Words

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

week or so after they posted Harry Patch (In Memory Of) on their website, this randomly appeared on torrent sites with supposed release date of next monday. mp3 download is about but i won't link incase next monday comes along and it's properly released and you have to pay.

anyway, PRETTY SWEET! fingers crossed this is first track of an EP type bundle. but either way, i'm digging it :)

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

cool chekign out now. didnt care for harry patch track that much but only gave it a couple listens

well this is odd. first few minutes musically sounds unfinished like a soundboard recording from a soundcheck.

i'm beginning to really dislike phils drumming. its a very in rainbows beat.

on one listen

Radiohead are such a strange band. Musically, I love this. But I think I'd be physically incapable of listening to one of their albums from start to finish without an overwhelming desire to slit my wrists.

lol I was gonna post a thread about that Harry Patch song which I think is pretty good, this leaked track is sounding great as well

hope the production of the new album is going to be a bit different than on 'In Rainbows' because it sounded a bit flat to me, even though Arpeggi is such a fucking brilliant song

Guest zaphod

i hated that harry patch song. probably the worst vocal from thom i've ever heard. and the music was terrible. this isn't bad though.

edit: but now his vocal has come in. he's mumbling and it's just not going anywhere. no this is pretty bad, it's just the instrumentation is nice. definitely a b side.

i think i'm basically over radiohead. used to be such a big fan. neither of these new tracks does anything for me.

i think it started when i heard one of them say "acoustic" in an interview in their ridiculous posh accents.

achooostic

achoooooostic

Guest zaphod

used to be my favorite band. i can't fault them because they made ok computer and kid a, which is more than enough. but these last couple albums have had two or three brilliant tracks and a lot of trash. and thom's voice just annoys me now. i'm sure i'll buy their next ep or song or album or whatever though, lol.

seems like thoms solo album was much more interesting than in rainbows. jonnys composery/soundtrack stuff is nice too. time to split up guys.

Guest zaphod

the eraser has grown on me, yeah. i don't think i've listened to in rainbows since it came out. i don't like the production on that album and a lot of the songs are just boring. the grammy performance with that marching band was the nail in the coffin for me.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

hmmmm, understood, but your opinion isn't widely held (it is what it is, i'm just sayin'). i thought "in rainbows" was def. one of the best releeases for end of '07/beginning of '08.

since they're not putting out any more albums allegedly, this isn't a bad way for them to keep in touch with their audience. hopefully they will still tour.

Guest zaphod

i agree with you about the format. since their albums have been such a mixed bag (does anyone really think they've been cohesive since kid a?) i'd be happy to just buy a reckoner or pyramid song and skip over all the crap.

"The Present Tense" sounds pretty good - Harry Patch I felt kind of "meh" about and this track is . . . something like an Amnesiac B-side. Interesting but not moving in the way that I want my Radiohead songs to move me (i.e., I can sing along in the car alone, volume pumped, and cry deeply [like a boss]).

Guest beatfanatic

love the new track, to me it sound like a b side of In Rainbows session.

Hopefully there is an EP coming out soon

P.S - I loved In Rainbows

Guest the anonymous forumite

this song sounds like a work in progress, listen to the ending. An excellent work in progress tho.

Guest Mr Salads

Loved the shit out of in rainbows. Probably to the point that i cant listen anymore but Ill check this new one out and get it in a fell swoop

Archived