IGNORED

Christian Thrash Metal

Dr Clitterhaus

Since i decided to turn my back on intelligent dance music yesterday I have been exploring my new found favourite music, thrash metal and death rock. I've had a lot of catching up to do and a lot of sub-genres to explore. I have discovered a sub-genre which i call intelligent thrash music, because of the complexities of the sound design and the rush of energy it gives when you hear it. Thrashing around feels fucking amazing I did it last night in a metal pub. Life affirming shit. But theres one type of thrash metal I am not so keen on, it doesn't sit well. It's called

and I dont think it goes well with the death rock style. I don't think anyone can realistically thrash in a christian way. Ironically, i find christian thrash uneasily dark, really dark. I have dwelled on this for the last 40 minutes and have decided that I'll stick to hardcore thrash shit and put the Christian thrash to the side.

• 1 month later...
Guest ezkerraldean

Music related to a religion oriented around and symbolized by an instrument of torture and execution . . . I fail to see the irony.

lol atheism

Guest thanksomuch

my parents became born again christians when i was 15-ish. i listened to Jane's Addiction, Nine Inch Nails, The Pixies and the like. In their attempt to make me also a "christian" they took away a good portion of my music and brought me to a chrisitna music store. they gave me $150 bucks and told me to buy w/e i wanted. I clearly remember walking around the store, and at the end of each row there were little signs that would say things like; If you like: Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Sound Garden, try "these shitty christian bands that sound nothing like them". I went throught the whole fucking store and didn;t buy anything (you could listen to most of the albums). My parents were PISSED.

My parents were in a Christian cult (pentecostal) when I was little. I remember the tracts about back masking and the devils music. Black SAbbath and Queen were really a target. I remember a band called Petra. Some other crap. Never liked any of it. I was into synths /samplers rap/ rock..at a very young age. I had a keyboard magazine subscription in 1985. My parents didn't care as long as I didn't advertise my likes and dislikes to other church members. We had a TV that was quickly hidden from view when company arrived. You meet the most depraved humans in these churches, too. Back stabbin, judgmental narrow minded assholes many of them. Im trying to think of some good people. I guess there were a couple, can't think of them now though

Archived