IGNORED

drukqs cd2 is better than drukqs cd1

brian trageskin

MINE TOO!

People usually say Vordhosbn is the best drukqs track, and what it's great but it doesn't have the same level of epicness as Mont st. michel's. Also I had already heard vordhosb before sitting down to hear the album, so I never got that awesome first impression. MSM on the other hand, blew me away when I first heard it right after good ol' Avril 14.

Actually I'm listening to MSM right now, that's pure coincidence tho.

Jeez, I just heard the ending. I think my brain stopped for a few seconds!!

Guest theSun

no one ever mentions Omgyjya-Switch7.

kicks the shit out of mt st michel's stupid ending that gives me a headache 100% of the time.

I've lost any respect for anything you may ever say again about IDM music.

This is one of the most emotionally profound moments in music that I have ever experienced.

Go back to the Autechre subforum.

:ohmy:

ending just sounds cheap to me. the rest of the song is pretty good, but not a standout on drukqs at all for me.

plus there are tumbleweeds all over the ae forum today.

edit - wait a minute did you respect what i said before?

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

would you cunts please STFU already, haters can go fuck themselves deep in the arse, disapprovement to my opinion is not allowed you mongoloid pieces of shit

tigerfalling.jpg

My opinion of Drukqs:

All of the mental beats tracks are GOD

The piano tracks are oh so pretty. Like Petiatil Cx Htdui is a tear jerker in my opinion.

The random assorted tracks range from pretty enjoyable (Bbydhyonchord) to damned interesting (Gwarek 2) to not exactly a bad thing (lornaderek).

If ya don't like it well you are on a Aphex forum so... yeah HI

Guest theSun

just cause i'm on the afx forum doens't mean i think all his songs are 100% greatness. it's more like 87% great, with BoC being around 78% and ae up around 94% (vsnares 34%, shakira 1%), for perspective.

also read the rules IMO

just cause i'm on the afx forum doens't mean i think all his songs are 100% greatness. it's more like 87% great, with BoC being around 78% and ae up around 94% (vsnares 34%, shakira 1%), for perspective.

also read the rules IMO

Shame on a nigga

:ohmy:

ending just sounds cheap to me. the rest of the song is pretty good, but not a standout on drukqs at all for me.

plus there are tumbleweeds all over the ae forum today.

edit - wait a minute did you respect what i said before?

</hostility>

Seriously man... the ending to MSMM + SMM is amazing. It builds up the most amazing tension in a song that I've ever heard. I'm in disbelief that another Aphex fan would not also feel this way. The only thing I can think of is that you've not properly experienced it / been in the right state of mind / listened properly. I recommend turning out the lights, sitting by yourself with a pair of headphones and really being present and focused with the building emotional content throughout the song, climaxing with the ending. Weed optional. For best results, listen in the context of the whole album.

kthxbye

</fanboy>

edit for grammar

Saint Michel is undeniable ace. The middle section (around 4 minutes) when the lightning drums go to fucking town and the soft melody carries over the top.. so fucking tasteful. And the intensity that builds up to the ending is like none other (with those fleeting girl vocals). And the ending needs no explanation, blows my mind every time

Oh and to answer the question, there are greats on CD2, but I still prefer CD1. Some of the tracks you guys take to (mostly Meltphace and Ziggo) have never really clicked with me (yet)

Saint Michel is undeniable ace. The middle section (around 4 minutes) when the lightning drums go to fucking town and the soft melody carries over the top.. so fucking tasteful. And the intensity that builds up to the ending is like none other (with those fleeting girl vocals). And the ending needs no explanation, blows my mind every time

truth :aphexsign:

Archived