IGNORED

House Music

Berk

Could you recommend me some good House Music? I loved the housy bits from Numbers Lucent, and there's this track on the new Vibert album that's called House Stabs and I really like it as well. So it would be swell if y'all were able to recommend me some!

Thanks for the recommendations so far guys, appreciated!

You just asked a pretty sticky question because "house" music is the foundation like Detroit and it comes in so many flavors that...really, if you're looking for "Numbers Lucent" type "House"--you're actually closer to Ghetto Tech with people like Disco D, DJ Assault, and the like. The problem is the music will sound right to you but, all the "pussy," "bitch," "shake that ass" might be off-putting.

Yeah, I guess House has a lot of sub-genres so it's hard to come up with specific house tracks. lol @ the "pussy - bitch - shake that ass" :lol:

For the record: I really like Drexciya, The Other People Place and Transllusion and stuff as well. But their stuff also sounds a bit too repetetive for me sometimes

- I only like the tracks that have got an obvious and 'deep' atmosphere you know, like 'Dimensional Glide' and shit (or stuff with wicked bass lines, like 'Let Me Be'). But I think that's something only the people from Drexciya have mastered isn't it?

Edited by Berk

Black Box - Strike It Up

wow that's a fucking ace tune mate thanks!

thanks for that link mrx - found some good stuff there

like the stuff from ron hardy

Guest Hanratty

Moodymann - I Can't Kick This Feeling When It Hits

argh, cant seem to put youtube in da post! best house track!

i remember getting in a tiff with someone apparently very stupid over house music a while back. essentially because no matter it's merits, house music is just tragic. i almost judging things on how much of a twat i feel if i dance to it.

Guest Hanratty

i remember getting in a tiff with someone apparently very stupid over house music a while back. essentially because no matter it's merits, house music is just tragic. i almost judging things on how much of a twat i feel if i dance to it.

i think house music is there to get girls dancing. Last i checked there wasn't many girls dancing at the Autechre show. I used to hate it, but now I can groove with a .001% of it. That DJ Sprinkles is good stuff. Pretty sure it is made by Terre Thaemlitz who used to do a lot of deep ambient stuff on Instinct records back in the 90s. Respect.

if there is one way to get thirty-something totty dancing after a post-work-drink-turned-night-out, then truely it is house music ('all night long').

are we calling u.f.orb house now then??

lol what the fuck is up with that? two people in this thread have recommend that as a house album.