IGNORED

House Music

Berk

t

there are many strands of dance music that are luxurious, imaginative, glamorous. whether intentional or not, it is sometimes part of of the allure. it makes you feel sexy. it makes you imagine yourself and your world in various atmospheres, scenarios, etc, in a dream world

i prefer the "here & now" of music, not projecting some loathsome imaginary mtv world on the music or the scene, seen?

it makes you feel sexy.

nah mate, thats where the bs runs most strongly with your train of thought, i take it you've never been to a free party knee deep in crusty dog packs & people passed out on the dancefloor

people are there to dance, not be part of someone else's sense of what a dance music environment should be

if you went to a club like Heaven years ago, the gayest of gay London's best nights out, you'd still expect some proper tunes

so the schexxxxy-time line only runs so far, Heaven's crowd woulda slung you out for playing hed kandi, Defective, Roger Sanchez crap when they wanted to get their groove on

bursting bubbles? pull the other one

you're misinterpreting me. im not talking boots with the fur, look at me im sexy, im talking about a more animal element of rhythm and dance as whole. it can have / has a sexual / body element and if you're going to argue against that, go ahead and argue with professors and sociologists around the world lol. 

"a free party knee deep in crusty dog packs & people passed out on the dancefloor"

s yup that's also animalistic, sexual, destructive, dangerous, adventurous, stimulating, fill in the blank. if you're going to try and say legit dance music doesn't have sexual elements, you are going to fighting a long uphill battle. don't get "look at me im sexy, ooh everyone's sexy" confused with feeling sexual or sexual energy. dont go there. dont make me sound like Freud lol. 

you can have all the above w/out recourse to plastic, disposable, McDonalds-eque wank, its not rocket science

but by all means fuel the disagreeable aspects in your misguided approach, projecting an imaginary realm doesnt make it so, it needs a sprinkling of real magic

and rather than requoting your previous post, again, the idea of "communal supplication" can be had w/out involving a bunch of dire music, cos shit music will end a party quicker than any objective in making it want to appear glamourous darling...thats a cardinal sin of equivalency making right there chap trying to appropriate the core aspect of House with a shit aesthetic like fkn Hed Kandi, Defecative, Morales & Sanchez....the colloquialism used here for such aberrations is "lengths"

do you think folks like Larry Levan & Ron Hardy didnt get the notion that there's a groove to maintain, balance & adjust, rather than playing every shit derivative disco record they could find?

its friday night here nowwww, but continue on with your cul-de-sac by all means, in fact by any means, yer never going to sell me on the lameness of the lameness, Lame

c5288ac9731580e3cb1e70ad9ddc0ae0_lg.jpgc5288ac9731580e3cb1e70ad9ddc0ae0_lg.jpg

c5288ac9731580e3cb1e70ad9ddc0ae0_lg.jpgc5288ac9731580e3cb1e70ad9ddc0ae0_lg.jpg

dude, it's funny that i've never once knocked your favorite styles of house music yet you go on at length trying to prove that the kind i tend to gravitate to the most is somehow irrelevant or not authentic. 

why do i have a hunch that you secretly listen to swedish house mafia and then spend the rest of the day flogging yourself for the shame you feel for doing so?

Edited by Lane Visitor

i prefer the "here & now" of music, not projecting some loathsome imaginary mtv world on the music or the scene, seen?

also, that's totally great. personally i prefer a good balance between the here and now and the imaginative/dream aspect myself, and drift different ways depending on my mood.

also, you sound like a new age guru claiming he's enlightened. that seems to be the tone you speak about music on this forum. 

also equating me wanting to get my groove on to some filter house or nu disco to me being a drone / sucker for fake consumerism or hollywood is hilarious dude. that's on the level of calling the queen and the bush family actual reptilians. good luck with your absurd inner narratives and correlations. 

Edited by Lane Visitor

all house music 

lol this literally went through my mind around the time you posted it. psychic tribal energies? 

rating this 25% sexual, 50% communal/spiritual and %25 here and now on the Lane-CWM Psycho-House Scale lol

that Afuken track is a cracker cwm (as is the whole album, and far better than the Avon Sparkle one imho, which is just good not great), it's all a matter of taste though.

I've enjoyed pretty much every track you've posted in this thread, just not sure why you feel the need to shit on lots of other genuinely good and often quite similar music to the stuff you yourself are posting, for some very nebulous non-music related reasons as far as I can tell. at the end of the day all I care about is what the track sounds like, do I enjoy listening to it, it's a pretty simple metric that doesn't require a lot of thought. works for me. you can react similarly without being a dick about it.

here's another one I was listening to last night, straddles the line with techno, but it's got 'house' in the title so I guess it still counts:

not a fan of where most of these guys went in the late 90s, but loved that early techno/house sound.

Edited by caze

if constructive criticism is being a "dick", thats fkn hilarious, what a collective bunch of creepy douches some of you revealed to be

i kept the sharper words for the Korn boi & the Roger Sanchez crew, sue me if i think DJ Booring sucks sewage, its empty soul-less toss & reposting it wont make the quality control rise

some of you need to get a sense of humour pronto, dick-less

I have to say its pretty awesome contentiousness aside, that this thread is finally getting some action. I wondered i was one of the only few house heads on this forum. Its cool to see what tracks you all post in here to get a feel for peoples tastes when it comes to house music or what their exposure's been. It also makes sense to see more of the techno-house fusion and lo fi variety in a forum that's geared toward idm. I have to say in general, soulful and funky house can often slide dangerously close to pure cheese just because the sound itself has a lot of those tendencies, but when it's done well, its done really well.

• 2 weeks later...

@cwm, what's your take on this beautiful soulful classic:

Blaze & M@W are institutions, NY & NJ across both sides prob define a whole era of House, add MK, Humphries, Jovonn, Bottom Line Records 12"s, Hot 97 mixtapes,

personal preferences are the dubs & their Moog solo pieces, repost but god dayum:

• 4 weeks later...