• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey friends, long time!

I'm excited to launch new artist/producer alias. Working on some singles and an EP,  but in the meantime, kicking off with a monthly playlist series... 

More chillout and tropical than house here and of course purists are eyeroll on the first 1/3, but but wanted to share some recently discovered + classic tunes!

Cheers ❤️

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5TZp0sCylwLXBVgcQODdYq?si=Tqoy6aw8QtWYfbsuRHsnhw

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I lived in New York for a year in the late 90s.  I used to occasionally head to the infamous Tunnel at the weekend.  Giuliani's nightlife crackdown was kicking in but hadn't quite fully taken on the Tunnel yet, although there was always a big police presence outside which made absolutely no difference to the obscene amounts of drug use going on inside.  I never knew who or what was playing but had a vague notion of deep house.  When I came back to the UK I wanted to find somewhere that went even half way to recreating that.  Instead I found that all of the bars in the UK had installed live bongo players next to their djs and were playing progressive house to cunts, which was fucking awful.  In lots of ways this tune encapsulates that era in the UK, but I've never not loved it and heard it for the first time in a decade the other week.  Also fantastic late 90s/00s generic dance music video.

18 hours ago, kakapo said:

Instead I found that all of the bars in the UK had installed live bongo players next to their djs and were playing progressive house to cunts, which was fucking awful.

If u were looking for good musics in bars with bongo players.....you get the inference. 

• 1 month later...