IGNORED

House Music

Berk

now i see how this place works, where a cabal of gimps whisperwhisper in pvt, it shows the levels of maturity here

you see the same names in there, week in week out, most of whom i would hazard a guess are 30+yrs old....did your mothers not pay you enough attention as kids?

do you not have real life shit to do, or did life not work out to your unrealistic childhood preconceptions & now yer just oozing bitter vinegar nipples?

you come across as a cluster of depressed, precious, vain, cunts, what fine specimens of manhood, whose only outlet or agency is a fkn chatroom, wouldnt surprise me that in the coming year some of you miight well take your own lives in those isolated vortexes of self-delusion, so get help because some of you truly need it

why dont people like what i like whats wrong with them

if only, there are vast swathes of shit House which has been the rules since day 1, i'd empathize with anyone who looked at PeteTong & his Orchestra tour profile & think "enough is enough" & firebomb the cunt

however, Messiaen, you're 1 of the few on point with a lot of quality music posted, the exception that proves the rule

but folks dissing Ron Trent in private behind other people's backs doesnt take magical insight, or nerve, or intelligence, but it does require a whole lot of ignorance & cowardice......redeeming qualities indeed

fkn saps, "a fertile community"?

febrile more like

Edited by cwmbrancity

Private? We invited you.

Telling people to kill themselves is very definitely the mark of a mature growned-up man

When did anyone dis ron trent? I have some of his stuff I play regularly at work, Primitive Arts goes on first thing most mornings.

here's another invite offered so you can come and talk us in realtime rather than grasping the wrong end of the wrong shitty stick

Lots of love

The Fkn Saps

how come you're allegedly the only one with a sense of humor in this thread yet you're the only one who is pissed off?

you're trolling, i'm not

i ask questions, you whisperwhisper in pvt in your wank stained pants, time to send the laundry to Mummy pal

daft punk, head kandi and pete tong can get to fuck, but bits and pieces of that outsider/lo-fi house or whatever it is sit quite nicely with me actually. 

that Ian Pooley remix is the only DP tune worth a damn

Private? We invited you.

Telling people to kill themselves is very definitely the mark of a mature growned-up man

When did anyone dis ron trent? I have some of his stuff I play regularly at work, Primitive Arts goes on first thing most mornings.

here's another invite offered so you can come and talk us in realtime rather than grasping the wrong end of the wrong shitty stick

Lots of love

The Fkn Saps

wasnt at home & installing software on a mate's comp would've been a bit cheeky to access that cesspit of despair, plus its international rugby day today, you know, things other people do beside loiter with intent in digital fantasy relams....good enough for you?

for someone who works in prison rehabilitation, you should have the intelligence AND maturity to understand that i questioned the outcomes of certain people's attitudes to life in the mid-long run, not by "telling them" to go end it you fkn ass hat, i've lost 4 olde friends to suicide in the last 18months which is why the inclusion of "get help"

is there anything else you'd like to misquote?

the chat log showed the text loud & clear, shall i quote it back to you? ok

"ughughgughg, can someone shut these idiots up again?", when all that occurred initially was a link to a new Ron Trent tune, what the fuck was "wrong" with that?

take your time, drop a meme or 3, cos only an Englishman would complain about salt as seasoning you fkn length

ew sports

I too have lost friends to suicide, me too thanks.

The text from the chatlog is actually from a ron trent and moodyman fan, someone waaay more knowledgeable than me about all that stuff. I believe they took issue with lopez's comment.

wow, rude :^)

take it as you see it & your #metoo bs, length

i expected better from you, dunno why, you seemed like a grounded bloke, sorted me out with a Hafler Trio lp i hadnt heard, but as soon as someone questioned the bro-fi bs, you ran to your safe place like a fkn tit

and you work in a prison?

grow the fuck up, or meme.gif spam the gaff up, i'm past caring

Edited by cwmbrancity

ps to Spiral: if you had any cajones you'd have named names, but naaaaaah.......you just lob it in here like a manchild from someone with an agenda unfit for adults

so here's an image for you, very little text, plus as a Brit you're no doubt familiar with the cheap delicacy of choice

57758.png

now i see how this place works

My man, you should see some of the replies to many of my posts in political threads on this forum. I had to learn the hard way that watmm is hard to read sometimes and ppl often have dark humor and witty snappiness. But I can I assure you that you're not gonna find a cooler music forum that encourages our music snobbery and that parades in the obscure / underground anywhere else on the internet.

As soon as I took people's responses on here less seriously after learning that, I enjoyed it way more. Yeah we're all dweebs and music nerds here but it doesn't mean we're all socially awkward freaks or whatever.

As for house music, you've definitely proven yourself as a true house connoisseur with a deep knowledge and love for the history / sound. Like you pretty much hold down the thread here. But just don't expect eye rolls to not occur. 90% of the tracks you're posting are highly obscure proto-house that are so rare, they almost don't exist. This isn't a criticism-- I actually love some of the stuff and glad you post it. But different strokes for different folks is all. And just like you scoff at Ian Pooley and the shinier sides of the genre, others will scoff at your tastes.

I never understood why house is one dance genre whose online and local communities consistently take themselves so seriously re: purism more than any others, yet ironically it's the least serious sounding stuff with it's shuffles, jazzyness and soulful vibes.

Look over at the jungle thread-- no pretense or any debate all lol, just some damn good jungle tunes :)

Now the Aphex / Ae threads, that's a whole nother story haha

Edited by Lane Visitor

@ Lane - do you see any highfalutin from myself in any other threads other than about House & the film thread approx 3yrs ago, where the clan massed its ranks & a childish ban ensued?

you could same for the metal thread, i still love those sounds & its good to see the genre evolve, jungle isnt really my bag doe, as far the Ae-autism i leave well alone

i didnt criticize Ian Pooley, more that his Chord Memory rmx is the only Daft Punk record i own on vinyl.....genuine dancefloor slayer at about 4am, on the other hand their Roule label put out some immense music

https://www.discogs.com/label/783-Roul%C3%A9?sort=year&sort_order=&limit=500&genre=All

this isnt the case of an olde Prog rocker looking down at Punk and leering at the disposability of it all or lack of musicianship

more that the lofi fred highlights the huge gulf between timeless music and the latest ADHD genre for people who have nothing invested in the music beyond their latest hipster fix

add the snide whisperings in pvt.....thats the trait of genuine saps right there, what kind of "community" behaves in such bottom-feeder, childish, infantile & pathetic ways?

clearly not every1 but a hardcore few do, so fuck those people whose entire personal identities are caught up in this forum & idm'z whateverthefuck

@ Spiral such grand gestures dont wash, you knew what you were doing by posting a chatlog screencap & anonymizing the guilty party, it was meant to provoke a reaction, so from this adult's view it was clearly stirring the pot = i thought you were better than that, oh well, to think i dropped a fiver on what you were offering as a free release

giphy.gif