IGNORED

House Music

Berk

Anyone here into Dimitri From Paris? Ive been into him and his mixes/edits since high school and was listening to his After The Playboy Mansion comp I dug up again tonight and fuck me, so good, still sounds timeless.

Yes his Mixmag Live! from 1997 remains a personal classic for me.

Nice man! I havent heard that one, will have to give a listen.. Discoveredhis Sacrebleu lp at a borders one day and never looked back. Love his In The House and Playboy Mansion series the most.

• 4 weeks later...

to counter the constant horrors experienced in the McDonalds-esque Hipster House thread, a Harvey edit classic from a few years ago

this is church

oh hell yes, thank you! yeah everything about that thread is about the furthest away from the spirit of house music as can be lol

for the first minute i thought it was a piss-take, then whoooooaaaaah, thumpin'

proper bo brrrrro

Max Graef has put out some incredible tracks in the last few years, that level of roughness is like olde Dance Mania or very earliest Relief

Calippo is next level, lovely take on the classic organ stabs

that 2nd track is alright but the first one probably could've been made by an algorithm, it sounds exactly the same as a million other tracks (which does not mean it's inherently unenjoyable)

btw regardless of quality, is that even house music? I dont think I even know what qualifies as house at this point

Edited by span

I'm 100% it qualifies as house! Maybe not the fancy beardstrokey techmicrohouse that cunts here listen to? Progressive house is a bit funnier/weirder to determine as its essentially just slower trance.

Anyone here into Dimitri From Paris? Ive been into him and his mixes/edits since high school and was listening to his After The Playboy Mansion comp I dug up again tonight and fuck me, so good, still sounds timeless.

His edit of Prince's I Wanna Be Your Lover is literally one of my all time favorites!

Edited by chim

I heard an old Bob Sinclair track on the radio yesterday, googled it and Wiki said it's also house (that World Hold On track), which I wouldn't have guessed, so maybe I'm just ignorant. I never know what's house and what's techno and what's electro and what's whatever

Edited by span

I heard an old Bob Sinclair track on the radio yesterday, googled it and Wiki said it's also house (that World Hold On track), so maybe I'm just ignorant. I never know what's house and what's techno and what's electro and what's whatever

House and Electro got completely hijacked by the EDM phenomenon, although they usually prefix it with shit like Big Room.

ex-pat ex Massive Attack, Wild Bunch Bristolian Milo/DJ Nature is an institution, his gigs bring the thump if you find yerself close you'll be in for a treat

fuck knows how many hours of distilled gems, as a selektor-tor-tor his mixes speak for themselves, possibly lobbed a few pages back but these chug summat else

https://soundcloud.com/natureboy