IGNORED

Korn and Limp Bizkit

thehauntingsoul

I never liked limp bizkit although I once ate brunch in a restaurant next to Fred Durst and there were two other dudes eating at a different table and one of them lost his temper and screamed “FUCK YOU!” at his friend and flipped over his table. Food went flying everywhere and I think his fork almost hit Fred Durst.

This is probably the very incident that inspired him to write "Break Stuff".  Pancake houses were like his Compton.

• 5 months later...

On the Clutch note - I downloaded Psychic Warfare a long time ago, and holy fuck that's a solid rock album - awesome riffs, great songwriting.  Really imaginative, clever lyrics too.  I started delving into their discog recently, and the couple albums that were released around the time nu-metal was popular did have a similar production treatment as a lot of nu metal stuff, but the music itself didn't really go there... maybe a small influence on the vocal delivery.  I stopped listening after Pure Rock Fury since it reminded me of that period in a bad way.  But their next album was 2004, which should be a safe spot to resume.

• 1 year later...

Been heavily into an Untouchables phase recently. Fantastic album that. Has me itching to revisit some others now, especially the two surrounding (Issues & Take a Look).

• 5 months later...
On 4/2/2021 at 4:51 PM, Roo said:

Been heavily into an Untouchables phase recently. Fantastic album that. Has me itching to revisit some others now, especially the two surrounding (Issues & Take a Look).

Untouchables has always been my favorite. Still is to this day.

I like the atmosphere and production in that one.

wtf is up with that shitty fucking production on Dad Vibes? the track itself isn't terrible for what it is, pretty cutesy with a decent groove. going to get a lot DJ/jukebox plays. and i'll give them props for not dragging it out for another 2 minutes and just keeping it short and sweet.

but really, that bass drum thump sounds like pure ass and is way too goddamned loud in the mix. there's literally 500,000 bass drum samples available for free online and some fuckin' doofus picked the absolute worst one out of them all. and the vocals are like 10x as loud as the guitars/bass. i understand pop/rap/radio production tends towards loud vocals, that's been the case for years, but this is just ludicrous. also the vocals are kinda dry/dull, sounds like they should've got a few more takes or just yknow, had a decent producer in to make it work.

pointless rant over for a song i'll never listen to again from a band idc about. 

:catbreadcut:

Edited by auxien
  • Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

Don't know if this was already posted, but there's a pretty good podcast about nu metal called The P.O.D Kast. They review an album every month

https://thepodkast.libsyn.com/

Also, never got too into Korn as a band but they have some incredible singles:

Edited by Danny O Flannagin
  • Like 1

Love Korn since 90s, but Take a Look In the Mirror was actually the last album I really enjoyed, the further discog is just not for me.

Also love Jon Davis, he's such a cool guy, check this podcast, lots of crazy stories: 

• Like 1

as someone who worshipped limp bizkit/crazy town as a 9y/o and then felt remorseful about it in their 20s, i can honestly say the lollapalooza set is the most reassuring and validating thing i've seen for years. loved every second of it.

time to give Chocolate Starfish a re-listen i think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richie Sombrero said:

I just bought Issues by Korn on vinyl and it sounds fucking awful.

Sad!

That sounds pretty sad man ... On the inverse, I just received a copy of their self-titled LP from Amazon and it ended being a Music On Vinyl pressing - it's fucking great, and will make up for the shit afterthought pressing of Issues

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soma333 said:

That sounds pretty sad man ... On the inverse, I just received a copy of their self-titled LP from Amazon and it ended being a Music On Vinyl pressing - it's fucking great, and will make up for the shit afterthought pressing of Issues

Yeah I've heard it's great, need to pick it up. A shame about this Issues, I love that album.

• 4 weeks later...