IGNORED

UK's attempt at preventing illegal downloading

Guest Calx Sherbet

Guest Iain C

BT have effectively done this to me anyway by capping my internet speed at <1mbit because I've exceeded the low low download limit on my parents' internet connection. Oops!

Guest Enter a new display name

BT have effectively done this to me anyway by capping my internet speed at <1mbit because I've exceeded the low low download limit on my parents' internet connection. Oops!

Yeah, fuck download limits!

loved how thepiratebay.org was brought down by the high court telling the tpb-interneteurs to shut it down because of something I didn't get, just 2 days ago, and yesterday it was back up again.

So, no, I'm not worried. The Torrenteering seems to be hard to get rid of.

tho, reading the article, I would get worried the day I hear of someone actually getting busted for just visiting a torrent site, or even busted for downloading a torrent file. as that in no way can be criminal.

loved how thepiratebay.org was brought down by the high court telling the tpb-interneteurs to shut it down because of something I didn't get, just 2 days ago, and yesterday it was back up again.

So, no, I'm not worried. The Torrenteering seems to be hard to get rid of.

tho, reading the article, I would get worried the day I hear of someone actually getting busted for just visiting a torrent site, or even busted for downloading a torrent file. as that in no way can be criminal.

a three-strikes rule is suggested. surveys say 70%+ stop illegal downloads if made aware they're being watched. problem is, now we've had one or more generations who've never bought a cd, it's a harder thing to tackle, perhaps.

Guest theSun

result of lobbying from the stupid, dying record industry.

NO DON'T TAKE AWAY BRITNEYS RECORD SALES SHE HAS TO EAT TOO!

Guest Pennywise

not remotely worried.

im more afraid of the cloud police. they can see through my window and catch me masturnatbating

a three-strikes rule is suggested. surveys say 70%+ stop illegal downloads if made aware they're being watched. problem is, now we've had one or more generations who've never bought a cd, it's a harder thing to tackle, perhaps.

it would still be about only visiting the sites or what? Can't see how anyone can be "watched" in any other way..

please excuse me if I'm being a moron here.

Guest ezkerraldean

i find it hard to believe that any scheme like this will actually work.

anyway, there's nothing wrong with falling back on offline free distribution of someone else's legal downloads. failsafe, innit.

not remotely worried.

im more afraid of the cloud police. they can see through my window and catch me masturnatbating

exactly. if you should worry about anything it's the fucking police cloud.

Archived