IGNORED

Noel Gallagher Quits Oasis

triachus

Just talked about this with some friends last night.... we're not really into guitar music, but was Oasis actually the last 'proper' BIG band to be successful on a large scale? Like, comparable to The Beatles/Stones/Led Zeppelin/Sex Pistols/The Clash/Nirvana and so on (I know the bands I listed were way more popular and important). What big rock & roll bands have come up since the mid 90s? Arctic Monkeys?! Fuck off

Oasis weren't a "big" band in that they never got over in the States

WOAH not true.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AOOproductions

http://www.oasisinet.com/NewsArticle.aspx?n=773

A STATEMENT FROM NOEL

28 August 2009

"It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

no one really cares though... right? At least in America... Champagne Supernova is all we yanks will ever need.

i like Oasis AND ELO. noel gallagher didnt wrote any decent tune since 1995 ok but he wrote Dont look back in anger & Acquiese.

(ELO are fucking great, they had terrible beards & haircuts but what a top band!!!)

Guest dese manz hatin

i like Oasis AND ELO. noel gallagher didnt wrote any decent tune since 1995 ok but he wrote Dont look back in anger & Acquiese.

(ELO are fucking great, they had terrible beards & haircuts but what a top band!!!)

oh yeah.

Guest ezkerraldean

Just talked about this with some friends last night.... we're not really into guitar music, but was Oasis actually the last 'proper' BIG band to be successful on a large scale? Like, comparable to The Beatles/Stones/Led Zeppelin/Sex Pistols/The Clash/Nirvana and so on (I know the bands I listed were way more popular and important). What big rock & roll bands have come up since the mid 90s? Arctic Monkeys?! Fuck off

probably U2 or summat

but yeah, britpop "indie" shite should be distanced from actual rock

Archived