IGNORED

Ghost Box Subforum

Caretstik

Man I checked Aquarius Records, Experimeda, and Forced Exposure. None of them carry any Ghost Box stuff. I take it they don't have any American distributors? I don't want to go broke ordering The Willows vinyl and Other Channels.

Man I checked Aquarius Records, Experimeda, and Forced Exposure. None of them carry any Ghost Box stuff. I take it they don't have any American distributors? I don't want to go broke ordering The Willows vinyl and Other Channels.

According to this page on the GB site, their releases are available here, if that's any help...?

I live in California =/. Looks like that Reckless Records shop in Chicago has some, which is good news, though I'm trying to get my hands on that new LP edition of The Willows.

Edited by Tauhid

It'd be a shame if at least a few copies of the vinyl issues didn't make it overseas. If the microcosm of WATMM is anything to go by, it's not just us quaint folk in the British Isles who love a bit of GB.

Yeah. I checked the two Canadian shops they list, and they seem to have it. For another time I guess. I got Mind How You Go on vinyl and Other Channels from that Reckless Records.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lucy Faringold
Radio Belbury no. 3 features another new Belbury Poly track, although it really pales in comparison to the track that was played on Freak Zone a few weeks back. Still looking forward to the album though.

• 2 weeks later...
3335708110054.jpeg

Study Series 5, "The Open Songbook", is by Hintermass a new collaboration between Jon Brooks of The Advisory Circle and Tim Felton of Seeland on vocals and guitar. For the first time pop music comes to Ghost Box, in the form of rich, melancholy song underpinned with haunting analogue electronics.

3335708480054.jpeg

Number 6 is "Le Train Fantôme" from Jonny Trunk, the head of re-issue label Trunk Records and natural ally of the world of Ghost Box. On this single Trunk plays with a wonderfully woolly palette of electronic sound reminiscent of grainy old stop motion animation soundtracks

No. 5 sounds verrrry interesting

Interesting quote from Jim Jupp in relation to the new album by John Foxx and The Maths:

Jon Brooks (of The Advisory Circle) and I (of Belbury Poly) will be collaborating with John Foxx on a few tracks, for a project that will see the light of day on Ghost Box sometime in 2012.

From The Belbury Parish Magazine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all, listened to Jim and Julian's appearance on Jonny Trunk's OST show, which is available for download on the Resonance site. Great as you might expect with the two bringing in lots of rare library and soundtrack joints as well as playing new Belbury and Advisory Circle.

Noticed that there is also a show featuring Jon Brooks which I have yet to listen to. Jim mentioned that the new Advisory album, As the Crow Flies, should be out June 21, but this says July 8. (small image of the artwork as well if it's real- looks official?)

+1 for the Jane Weaver. Unexpected and really enjoyable.

Also - I'm listening to this right now

http://jonbrooks.bandcamp.com/

and it's very good I think. From Jon's Soundcloud page:

"Every sound on Cafe Kaput KAP003 'Music For Dieter Rams' originated from a small alarm clock. Contact microphones recorded various aspects of the clock and fragments of these recordings were used as the raw building blocks".

According to this page on the GB site, their releases are available here, if that's any help...?

lol Michiganians rejoice.

Actually—saw a ghost box release on vinyl at academy annex in brooklyn, but it was $30 dollars, which at the time seemed overly expensive. Now that I'm realizing they are virtually impossible to buy anywhere else in the states, though, I'm regretting the fuck out of that missed purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stoppit

I just saw this

1305963141_cover.jpg

Now unless this was actually done by Julian House (in which case please ignore this post), this is a pretty blatant rip off of the Ghost Box art. I realise that House's covers are influenced by penguin paperbacks and suchlike, but even so...

Edited by Stoppit

I just saw this

1305963141_cover.jpg

Now unless this was actually done by Julian House (in which case please ignore this post), this is a pretty blatant rip off of the Ghost Box art. I realise that House's covers are influenced by penguin paperbacks and suchlike, but even so...

thought the same thing—found it on pitchfork. you have the B&W photography overlaid on geometrical/illustrative base, helvetica, etc. definitely feels similar, whether or not its a conscious rip. shame how shitty the photo treatment is though.

• 1 month later...

fuck me, i'm both in love with that new shirt design, and at the same time, totally gutted that it's so expensive to order here in the states. goddammit, ghost box, once again you upset me. :sad:

Guest arbee

yeah exactly like KY, those shirts look great and would buy one to show my ghostbox love / but it's so damn expensive w shipping and all. yuck !!

Hope I can scrape the cash together for one of those shirts in grey before they inevitably sell out in no time, cracking design.

TANGENTIAL EDIT: Finally cracked out my GB vinyl now that I'm reunited with my separates (done Sketches and Spells and The Willows so far), I love that there's no banding between the tracks. And the inner sleeves and labels are a great eye-fuck.

Edited by Caretstik

• 2 months later...

Study Series 07 released 18th November, Pye Corner Audio with The Advisory Circle. Quite liked what PCA had done so far, although I regret sleeping on the cassette version of Black Mill Vol. 2.

Link with audio: http://ghostbox.co.uk/products/product_studyseries07.htm.

• 4 weeks later...