IGNORED

Ghost Box Subforum

Caretstik

been away from the ghostbox stuff for a while - last thing i heard from any of 'em was the broadcast/focus group record. i didn't like it that much at the time but i've recently reevaluated it and i'm really into it.

what's new and great in the world of ghostbox?

Probably repeating what's already been said, but new and revised vinyl/CD reissues with extra tracks, plus The Study Series, a series of 7" singles containing Ghost Box and non-GB artist collabs (including one between The Focus Group and Broadcast). The Study Series has been pretty good IMO, and not difficult to track down.

Good to see you back 'round these parts by the way, Iain.

'Sketches and Spells' is being reissued in the new year on vinyl (and CD), but I agree, more Focus Group wouldn't be amiss.

Yes! That's the only TFG release I don't have a copy of...

You owe it to yourself to remedy that, still my favourite TFG release.

been away from the ghostbox stuff for a while - last thing i heard from any of 'em was the broadcast/focus group record. i didn't like it that much at the time but i've recently reevaluated it and i'm really into it.

what's new and great in the world of ghostbox?

Probably repeating what's already been said, but new and revised vinyl/CD reissues with extra tracks, plus The Study Series, a series of 7" singles containing Ghost Box and non-GB artist collabs (including one between The Focus Group and Broadcast). The Study Series has been pretty good IMO, and not difficult to track down.

Good to see you back 'round these parts by the way, Iain.

'Sketches and Spells' is being reissued in the new year on vinyl (and CD), but I agree, more Focus Group wouldn't be amiss.

Yes! That's the only TFG release I don't have a copy of...

You owe it to yourself to remedy that, still my favourite TFG release.

yeah sketches and spells is great. nice to be back btw caretstik. i was totally banned but JR decided to let me back in if i promise to play nice. which i do!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

alright so gocophonic stuff is now available digitally. i was wondering where to start. i've got the belbury poly moon wiring club studies series release, but i've liked what i've heard of mwc proper so point me in the right direction for maximum moon wiring!

It's hardly an original piece of advice, but I really would start from the first album, 'An Audience Of Art Deco Eyes'. I came upon MWC having already fallen for the GB stuff I'd been getting into at the time, so maybe this album relates most closely to that sort of h**nt*l*g*c*l sound. In hindsight it also ties in nicely with the Demdike Stare releases as well. All of the MWC albums are worth your money, but there's a definite development throughout them which is easier to discern if you listen to them in chronological order (all just IMO, of course). Sadly though, due to my separates being stored at my folks' house I've still yet to hear the vinyl version of 'A Spare Tabby'.

Also, you might want to download the ASDA mixtape by MWC from here, and the original EP ' A Field Of Sunken Horses', if you haven't already. Thanks again to whoever put me onto those by the way (think it was Green Kingdom).

EDIT: And 'The Jayston Mix' is a worthwhile curio as well.

Edited by Caretstik

Thanks. my mom had asked if there was any little such and such she could get me for xmas, so i sent her a link to the blank workshop store and said "any of these". post took a bit longer than expected so i didn't get my copy of An Audience of Art Deco Eyes until today. i think going chronologically makes the most sense. having listened through most of the first album it certainly is living up to expectations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So there are any number of threads this picture could have gone in, however, as i feel this thread needs some love:

Cthulhu%20Tie.jpg

What better home could you have given it...?

And glad you enjoyed MWC, I'd say there's anything but a dip in quality from the first album onwards.

And glad you enjoyed MWC, I'd say there's anything but a dip in quality from the first album onwards.

yeah, i'm finding that initially i'm underwhelmed but totally loving his albums by the end of the first listen. at least that's been the pattern with the first two, haven't heard the others yet, but i'll get there soon enough. i'm thinking of getting striped paint with the new demdike stare (or at least the bonus material therefrom) next week when the latter comes out.

Edited by fox

just can't get enough demdike stare lately. fucking incredible band.

ordered triptych yesterday!

Same here. Looks like some damn sexy packaging.

waiting till monday for the flac.

• 2 weeks later...
This month we're pleased to announce that by popular demand we've finally re-issued the very first albums on Ghost Box. The Focus Group's Sketches and Spells and Belbury Poly's The Willows. They're available right now in our shop on Vinyl and CD with special bundle offer for both albums. Vinyl only customers can get a free download version too.

Next releases on Ghost Box will be numbers 5 and 6 in our Study Series of 7" singles. One is by special Ghost Box guest Jonny Trunk and the other by a teaming of The Advisory Circle's Jon Brooks with Seeland's Tim Felton working under the name Hintermass. Both very exciting additions to the series, they should be available this March, like all the Study Series these are limited and will not be repressed so make sure you watch out for our next newsletter to pre-order yours.

In May(-ish) we'll have the new album from The Advisory Circle - As The Crow Flies, we've heard Jon's final mixes and we really think its his most breathtakingly beautiful work to date. Then in late summer we'll be presenting the new album from Belbury Poly. You'll hear previews of these and other forthcoming Ghost Box releases on the monthly Radio Belbury stream show over at our sister site, The Belbury Parish Magazine.

And finally some confusing news just in from The Moon Wiring Club. The first pressing of the vinyl and CD versions of A Spare Tabby at the Cat's Wedding is sold out pretty much everywhere. There may still be a handful of copies in our shop by the time you read this, but the CD (not the vinyl alas) is being repressed right now. As you may know the LP was very different from the CD and this being the bewildering world of Gecophonic Records this second edition of the CD will have the same contents but a new cover (do try to keep up at the back there). So look out for this in our shop later this month.

NEW ALBUM FROM THE ADVISORY CIRCLE!!

NEW ALBUM FROM BELBURY POLY!!