IGNORED

i can't get into metal

vamos scorcho

OK so I don't understand metal. I like Converge A LOT. They're one of my favorite bands. But moving away from them there isn't much that I really enjoy. Kayo Dot and Sleep are two other groups that I find very, very enjoyable. For the most part I just think that metal is way too cheesy and dark sounding. Yeah, it's complex, but couldn't they at least try a tiny bit to make it sound appealing? Fuck all that scary singing and shit. That's just negativity. Converge do it right - there is no tongue in cheek bullshit. Most other groups are just sort of tiring. How the fuck do people get into the metal that sounds like a joke? I think the singing is lame as hell and most of the time the only truly enjoyable part of the song comes during the breakdown. I don't understand why these groups with all their talent and knowhow don't try to make something that sounds smooth and cut it out with the bullshit singing. Like, try and attempt to make something as technical as Origin or Meshuggah but make it have the cool flow like hip hop. That would be great.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AOOproductions

agreed, but thats the whole scene... you either get it or you don't. Same goes for hip hop and raves...

agreed, but thats the whole scene... you either get it or you don't. Same goes for hip hop and raves...

cool avatar. the way i see it metal is like music for social rejects and hip hop is music for the people. i say that half jokingly

Dillinger Escape Plan?

I sometimes enjoy them. I also kind of like Burzum but not really. Too depressing and dark, it literally causes me mental anxiety to listen to.

I'll have to check out Opeth.

Though I recall listening to Opeth and thinking it was trenchcoat music. I'll have to try it again though.

Baroness, Botch, Pig Destroyer. Maybe I like more metal than I thought.

Not to mention John Zorn - Torture Garden, one of the best

I like Metallica, Danzig, Pantera, Sepultura, Soulfly.... i think they all be considered metal...

Of the newer school Opeth is nice, as is Converge, and DEP.

Fuck me though i like cradle of filth so don't listen to me.

I haven't followed the metal scene for years.

everybody likes diff stuff. Based on what you said you already dig, you might like older candiria. like...surrealistic madness, process of self development and beyond reasonable doubt are all intensely original stuff. Esp if you like freakishly good drummers and odd time sigs

everybody likes diff stuff. Based on what you said you already dig, you might like older candiria. like...surrealistic madness, process of self development and beyond reasonable doubt are all intensely original stuff. Esp if you like freakishly good drummers and odd time sigs

post a good you tube example. i am intrigued.

Guest ezkerraldean

i only tend to like "hyphenated metal", as in viking metal, battle metal, pirate metal, ragga metal, prog metal.

as soon as metal goes introverted i tend to dislike it, old and new.

so what's a good metal album to check out if you've basically never heard any metal at all?

I tried some metal, Opeth, some band a mate recommended me to start out with which name I've forgotten - I didn't like it

Guest theSun

metal isn't that bad. screamcore or whatever the fuck all this new shit is is fucking awful though. 100% of it.

where's dr ditterhouse? he's all about the leather jackets and all the gay parts of being metal.

i really hate metal cause it all sounds the same to me. its just a bunch of dudes with long-ass hair thrashing around making loud noises with their electric guitars and drumsets. trying to play as fast as they can and scream as loud as they can and everyone is so impressed and its so hardcore and intense and "badass"

its really stupid and its a gimmick and i hate how popular it is as a trend rightnow.

i really hate metal cause it all sounds the same to me. its just a bunch of dudes with long-ass hair thrashing around making loud noises with their electric guitars and drumsets. trying to play as fast as they can and scream as loud as they can and everyone is so impressed and its so hardcore and intense and "badass"

its really stupid and its a gimmick and i hate how popular it is as a trend rightnow.

lol

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

:wang:

Archived