IGNORED

Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding

vamos scorcho

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a great album!

This is basically the only thing I've really dug by snares since Ultra Higgins. This one I think is far and above the others.

I get sick of amens and reese basses. Been there done that sort of thing. This was like ear squeegie... new sounds new beats new moods...

A few times I put it on while I was working and wouldn't really realize it but the album would start over and I'd be half way through it before I'd say "hey I've heard this before" .. This is a good thing.

As a focus'd artistic effort I think Aaron succeeded with this one. I may check out that Pom Pom album someone mentioned above if its similar.

i always wanted to like this album, it had all the right ingredients ; no amean break, autechre emulative cover, crazy sharp sounds, circuit bending but for some reason none of those ingredients came together for me in a cohesive manner. Its a little unfocused and directionless even compared to his straight up gabba/jungle stuff i feel, not to say its a bad album its just one that i was never able to get into.

i always wanted to like this album, it had all the right ingredients ; no amean break, autechre emulative cover, crazy sharp sounds, circuit bending but for some reason none of those ingredients came together for me in a cohesive manner. Its a little unfocused and directionless even compared to his straight up gabba/jungle stuff i feel, not to say its a bad album its just one that i was never able to get into.

can you at least say that some of the melodies are lush?

Play "Deadman DJ" and then listen to "The Exploding Psychology" by Squarepusher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLcVNHAmbmk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ImXLQCO20

one is a work of genius, one is a moderately interesting but overall relatively dumbed down version of the other

Play "Deadman DJ" and then listen to "The Exploding Psychology" by Squarepusher.

one is a work of genius, one is a moderately interesting but overall relatively dumbed down version of the other

what's your point?

we all know squarepusher is the fucking daddy.

This album is a classic. I would say that this is the album that got me to start indulging in the tiny details. The melodies are excellent.

This album got me into Autechre.

Vsnares best album, absolutely no contest.

fail

I'm trying to listen through this right now and actually the only thing really keeping me listening is the melodies. The beats become so tiring and samey. It sounds like he's just using some sort of generator to automatically make a beat for every song. So it basically comes down to what sounds like generated beats over really excellent melodies.

Dude are you bi-polar? You started a thread calling this album a classic, then post this?

so let's reiterate

what are his best albums, what are his worst?

i like some of the new glitchy stuff, like hccbu, but i also love the super aggressive stuff like find candace

so let's reiterate

what are his best albums, what are his worst?

i like some of the new glitchy stuff, like hccbu, but i also love the super aggressive stuff like find candace

Well if you don't already have it, Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett is my favorite album of his. Bloody brilliant mix of beats and orchestral stuff (not the overly cheesy orchestral like on My Downfall, stuff I can actually get into)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASJOWQCr4rc

he makes all the different styles of drum 'n' bass.

This is a LOL post. :squarepusher_logo::squarepusher_logo::squarepusher_logo:

Anyway, Chrome is great, but I still say his masterpiece is The Chocolate Wheelchair Album. It's his most cohesive, somehow ¿ He deconstructs completely his genre, and in a certain way makes his style irrelevant.

Or perhaps his Breezeblock mix. Yeah.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

so let's reiterate

what are his best albums?

Find candance, Rossz, Detrimentalist, Chocolate wheelchair, Doll3

I used to enjoy Winnipeg too, but I haven't listened to it in years.

OK, I'm not going to comment on this other than the name is about as messed up as the music - let's parse it out, shall we?

Huge (ok, with you so far)

Chrome (alright, so far, so good)

Cylinder (OK, we've established size, colour/surface, and now shape)

Box (WAT)

How can you have a huge chrome cylinder that's a box? Or is it a box of huge chrome cylinders, that's unfolding, which would cause all the cylinders to roll out and come crashing down on the ground, that would make quite a cacophony of jarring noise, which actually is a fitting description of Snares' "music"

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

OK, I'm not going to comment on this other than the name is about as messed up as the music - let's parse it out, shall we?

Huge (ok, with you so far)

Chrome (alright, so far, so good)

Cylinder (OK, we've established size, colour/surface, and now shape)

Box (WAT)

How can you have a huge chrome cylinder that's a box? Or is it a box of huge chrome cylinders, that's unfolding, which would cause all the cylinders to roll out and come crashing down on the ground, that would make quite a cacophony of jarring noise, which actually is a fitting description of Snares' "music"

this post would ruin the boc subforum

My favorite is totally Cavalcade of Glee and Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pompoms.

But my favorite single Vsnares song has to be FLASHFORWARD from Detrimentalist.

So where do I go from here in the vast jungle of Venetian Snares' output.

Archived