IGNORED

SND - Atavism

thehauntingsoul

I saw SND supporting Autechre on the Quaristice tour in Manchester and wasn't too impressed in fact I though they were put on just to make Sean and Rob seem even better like a good looking bird bringing their fat mate on the pull.

It was a damn fine loop mind but if there was just some subtle variation then it would be better...

I listened to Atavism for the first time last night, and for the most part there was subtle variation throughout each track. I enjoyed it much more than I expected actually, very hypnotic music. The treatment on much of the sounds reminded me a fair bit of the sound design on Untilted, but I wonder if that's an influence thing or more to do with the fact that both artists are using Max MSP (not sure about SND, but the sonic similarity is so close I could only assume.) I recognized a couple of the tracks from the show I saw incidentally. Damn cool tracks too.

Archived