IGNORED

Good Running Music

45:33 - LCD Soundsystem was made I think for Nike or something, but anyway, it's pretty great music to run to. I like to just shuffle my music though, the surprise of an awesome track when you are cruising around on a bike is just amazing.

Guest Count Binoculars

this may sound silly, but Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead (the best dead). i usually start with High Time or Dire Wolf and go from there. I do about 3 miles a day. also, this will likely sound silly as well but The Real Thing by Faith No More isn't bad either but its a bit nostalgic for me so that likely adds to its appeal. i usually run at sunset and maybe that influences things. anyhow good luck.

oh yeah, maybe some scientist vs prince jammy if you've got it...

yeah i was gonna say Stars of the Lid is a bit too ambient for what i'm looking for.

I was kinda looking for something more in the electronic area - something with a constant beat to keep you moving type of dealie.

yeah i was gonna say Stars of the Lid is a bit too ambient for what i'm looking for.

I was kinda looking for something more in the electronic area - something with a constant beat to keep you moving type of dealie.

45:33

or some Clark, Modeselektor...

Guest headonist

Is ambient music really good for running? I would prefer something that would get you more pumped.

In answer to OP, any music is good running music, but pick something fast-paced that you enjoy.

Yeah, I thought so too. I was going to suggest drum n bass. I did jog before too, but I can't remember what I listened too back then. Could've been drum n bass :)

I really enjoy Noisia or especially dnb for running. You dont get too focused on the music and it pumps you up.

The Turning Dragon stuff, Rainbow Vodoo, Future Daniel etc is great stuff too.

Yeah Noisia sounds pretty good. And I didn't think of it but those boredom tracks would be great i think. Alright, today is my first trial run - I'm going with some Clark + I got that LCD soundsystem Nike original run thing.

Lets see how that goes.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

I like to just shuffle my music though, the surprise of an awesome track when you are cruising around on a bike is just amazing.

just biking in to say...

see, i'm all against using headphones when biking in the city, it's a lot more dangerous because you're not as aware of your surroundings... but in some environment maybe more rural or without cars sharing the road that would probably be a lot of fun.

i personally don't like listening to music while running because it throws me off of my natural rhythm and replaces it with an artifically generated one. but that's just me.

(the 45:33 mix is one of my favorites, just not for running along to)

Archived