IGNORED

Polysynths used on Analord?

soundwave

The drum machines and monosynths are (mostly) quite easy to spot but does anyone have a clue to any of the polysynths used on the Analord stuff?

Methinx maybe a Juno, Memorymoog and perhaps something Oberheimy?

Did he have his GX1 when making Analord? I seem to remember him saying somewhere that the synths used were quite regular analogues.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how much ?

i wish i still had my MD16

Not sure, I've seen a couple of unmodded ones go for £230-£270 recently, the highest prices I've ever seen for an MS6, which is what is tempting me. Difficult one to price. Historically you've been able to pick one up for half the price or less of a juno 106, when arguably it's a more capable synth, just a pain in the arse to program (unmodded). But I'm waiting on NI updating maschine so I can actually use it with external gear before I decide what is staying and what is going.

Guest JohnTqs

ehh.. you sure about that one?

Absolutely positive.

Funnily enough I might be selling my modded ms6 in the next few months.

lol

lol

The drum machines and monosynths are (mostly) quite easy to spot but does anyone have a clue to any of the polysynths used on the Analord stuff?

Methinx maybe a Juno, Memorymoog and perhaps something Oberheimy?

please don't tell me your just a load of VST gimps?

In these types of discussions, people often make vague assertions that are simply the product of received opinion, rather than any genuine knowledge. Self-important human nature I guess. So before we go any further, why not list all of the Analords along with their (mostly) quite easy to spot drum machines and monosynths, and also annotate them with when you hear a "Juno, Memorymoog and perhaps something Oberheimy," and somebody might be able to help you fill in the gaps.

In these types of discussions, people often make vague assertions that are simply the product of received opinion, rather than any genuine knowledge. Self-important human nature I guess. So before we go any further, why not list all of the Analords along with their (mostly) quite easy to spot drum machines and monosynths, and also annotate them with when you hear a "Juno, Memorymoog and perhaps something Oberheimy," and somebody might be able to help you fill in the gaps.

I don't need to list the monosynths because like I said most of them are easy to spot and if you can't spot most of them then I doubt you'll be any use speculating on the analogue polys either. :cisfor:

I don't need to list the monosynths because like I said most of them are easy to spot and if you can't spot most of them then I doubt you'll be any use speculating on the analogue polys either. :cisfor:

You seem to have misunderstood the purpose of my post. I was implying that you didn't actually know what you were talking about, and that in order to establish credibilty, you might want to list these 'easy to spot drum machines and monosynths.'

You're right, I don't have a fucking clue what polysynths were used on the Analords. But then I don't spout rubbish on messageboards like, "Yeah, the bass on the Aphex Twat's anal.fuck.w37.knob is clearly a Hyperdine systems R400 modulator put through the 'Paedator' setting on a Roman Polanski model 'B'."

Right now, I think you're just another idiot implying you have more knowledge than you actually do. All you have to do to turn the tables is list the Analords and annotate with the easy to spot monosynths and drum machines. There are plenty of people on here that would find this interesting, and it may bring some of the more informed people on here out of the woodwork who would then be willing to help you with your question.

You seem to have misunderstood the purpose of my post. I was implying that you didn't actually know what you were talking about, and that in order to establish credibilty, you might want to list these 'easy to spot drum machines and monosynths.'

You're right, I don't have a fucking clue what polysynths were used on the Analords. But then I don't spout rubbish on messageboards like, "Yeah, the bass on the Aphex Twat's anal.fuck.w37.knob is clearly a Hyperdine systems R400 modulator put through the 'Paedator' setting on a Roman Polanski model 'B'."

Right now, I think you're just another idiot implying you have more knowledge than you actually do. All you have to do to turn the tables is list the Analords and annotate with the easy to spot monosynths and drum machines. There are plenty of people on here that would find this interesting, and it may bring some of the more informed people on here out of the woodwork who would then be willing to help you with your question.

Shit, he has you there :P (Innocent bystander who just likes watching the internet bitchfest and doesn't know shit about those easy to spot drum machines and monosynths...)

I know what, TR808, 909, 606, Devilfish 303, Revolution, MC202/SH101, MS20, Fenix, Memorymoog, Juno ect sound like all I'm asking is if anyone can spot any of the other polysynths?

A simple fucking question that the ego of some fanboys can't handle because they feel obliged to give smart aresd answers on something they know dick about in the first place just because they assume that I know must know fuck all too for asking!!!?

So did someone mention an MS6 or has this thread gone down the usual pointless wankery on this sub forum?

Would have got such horeshit if I'd posted a similar question over on the Autechre section? :rolleyes:

I know what, TR808, 909, 606, Devilfish 303, Revolution, MC202/SH101, MS20, Fenix, Memorymoog, Juno ect sound like all I'm asking is if anyone can spot any of the other polysynths?

A simple fucking question that the ego of some fanboys can't handle because they feel obliged to give smart aresd answers on something they know dick about in the first place just because they assume that I know must know fuck all too for asking!!!?

So did someone mention an MS6 or has this thread gone down the usual pointless wankery on this sub forum?

Would have got such horeshit if I'd posted a similar question over on the Autechre section? :rolleyes:

Fucking lol, keep digging soundwave.

The synths you've just listed are generally accepted as synths that afx may have now or may have used in the past. Informed speculation. Pretty much any google search for afx + gear list will throw up something similar. It's received opinion.

The thing is, picking out individual synths from a mix, even quite esoteric ones such as a fenix, even from quite 'sparse' mixes such as the Analords, is a hard thing to do reliably. If 'Fenix funk' wasn't called that, and it wasn't known that Richard had a fenix, I doubt very much it would be on that, or anyone elses, list.

Ok, to make it a bit easier, why not take my favourite Analord 8, and deconstruct the four tunes on that one. You've still got a chance to turn the tables here and look a hero. In fact if you can, I'll make a "I am soundwave's bitch" thread.

I now think you're an even bigger idiot than when you started this. But I'll throw you something cos I'm in a good mood.

Esoteric modular + eventide = unique polysynth

PWsetal.Ldpinch - Loop from 'It doesn't matter' TR909, MS20 lead + polysynth???

Backdoor.Berbew.Q - TR909 filtered, MS20 bass, polysynth possibly Juno/Jupiter?

W32,Deadcode.A - SH101/MC202 bass, SH-2 (or simkilar 2VCO Roland, TR66 or CR78 + 707, Memorymoog

Backdoor.Spyboter - TR808/606, MS20, SH101, TB303 + polysynth??

Archived