IGNORED

Polysynths used on Analord?

soundwave

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David R James

Do you mean the future retro Revolution?

yes the softer accent and extended accent decay gives it away

Ok maybe, but im not convinced

PWsetal.Ldpinch - Loop from 'It doesn't matter' TR909, MS20 lead + polysynth???

Backdoor.Berbew.Q - TR909 filtered, MS20 bass, polysynth possibly Juno/Jupiter?

W32,Deadcode.A - SH101/MC202 bass, SH-2 (or simkilar 2VCO Roland, TR66 or CR78 + 707, Memorymoog

Backdoor.Spyboter - TR808/606, MS20, SH101, TB303 + polysynth??

Loop implies it's sampled, it's just a straight copy, and there's more to the lead sounds than just an MS20. Poly must be something with a multimode filter.

If it's a jupiter, it sounds more 6 than 8. Don't think there's any juno 6/60/106 in there. Roland polys are something I have a bit of experience with and I actually don't think it's any.

I love the bass sound in W32,Deadcode.A, but don't think it's 101/202. It starts off with that 'solid' Roland bass sound, but isn't it the same synth when the bass jumps an octave half way through the song? That doesn't sound like a 101 to me. And why memorymoog, other than it's speculated it was used on the Analords? Do you mean the ringing (oscillator sync'd?) chord stabs that come in half way? Could be. Or the soft pad sounds throughout?

PWsetal.Ldpinch - Loop from 'It doesn't matter' TR909, MS20 lead + polysynth???

Backdoor.Berbew.Q - TR909 filtered, MS20 bass, polysynth possibly Juno/Jupiter?

W32,Deadcode.A - SH101/MC202 bass, SH-2 (or simkilar 2VCO Roland, TR66 or CR78 + 707, Memorymoog

Backdoor.Spyboter - TR808/606, MS20, SH101, TB303 + polysynth??

Loop implies it's sampled, it's just a straight copy, and there's more to the lead sounds than just an MS20. Poly must be something with a multimode filter.

If it's a jupiter, it sounds more 6 than 8. Don't think there's any juno 6/60/106 in there. Roland polys are something I have a bit of experience with and I actually don't think it's any.

I love the bass sound in W32,Deadcode.A, but don't think it's 101/202. It starts off with that 'solid' Roland bass sound, but isn't it the same synth when the bass jumps an octave half way through the song? That doesn't sound like a 101 to me. And why memorymoog, other than it's speculated it was used on the Analords? Do you mean the ringing (oscillator sync'd?) chord stabs that come in half way? Could be. Or the soft pad sounds throughout?

The loop is taken from

and it's a 909 that fills in later on, the HPF on the lead is very MS20 but could it is layered or mixed with something else.

I haven't much experience with the Jupiter's either hence the thread, Yamaha perhaps?

The W32.Deadcode bass is very Roland but it still sounds like a Roland an octave up, MC or SH-2?

The soft pad sounds like Memorymoog to me and he does have one.

I can't hear any yamaha polys.

Korg mono/poly.

Some of the brassy/string pads in the series reminded me more of an siel opera than the roland polys, but I can't imagine RDJ using a £200 Italian synth instead of something by his beloved Roland.

Korg mono/poly.

Some of the brassy/string pads in the series reminded me more of an siel opera than the roland polys, but I can't imagine RDJ using a £200 Italian synth instead of something by his beloved Roland.

PS3200 maybe?

A lot of the poly sounds have a very long release with no note dropouts so....

Korg mono/poly.

PS3200 maybe?

Haha, now you're taking the piss. I've never been anywhere near a ps3200, and I doubt anybody else on here has. You'd probably be better off at gearslutz or one of the analogue synth mailing lists.

Korg mono/poly.

PS3200 maybe?

Haha, now you're taking the piss. I've never been anywhere near a ps3200, and I doubt anybody else on here has. You'd probably be better off at gearslutz or one of the analogue synth mailing lists.

all I'm saying is that the PS3200 has 48 voice polyphony which is 40 more than most and would explain the long release times on some tracks

maybe its time to start a thread on Vintagesynth :huh:

maybe its time to start a thread on Vintagesynth :huh:

Ok, respect is due on calling the memorymoog for W32.deadcode.A, I try and switch off nerd mode when listening, but whenever I hear that 'breakdown' I always wonder, "what the hell is that synth, it's perfect," and I think memorymoog is a good shout. With a couple of exceptions, wattem is not the best place for speculation like this, as you do end up with a consensus of received opinion. I don't have any practical experience of any >£1000 synths, and that holds true for the vast majority of people here, so any questions like, "do you think afx used a ps3200 on the analords?", are more than likely to be met with incomprehension or bluffing.

I think the consensus of the usual Rolands and MS20 for the leads and bass is probably broadly accurate, although I always thought more 100 series than SH, there seems to be more to some of them than say a 101 could manage on its own. Polys? Like I said I'm out of my depth here, but I don't hear Rolands or Yamahas. (Maybe a Jp6 or superjupiter, although I've never seen afx linked with these. Elka synthex? Amazing sounding polysynth with a multimode filter and there's a post on analogue heaven from Richard singing its praises, though i wouldn't pick anything out on the Analords as obviously synthex ) Even if that's true, that still leaves an awful lot of synths to speculate on, across 41 tracks, and if you do want to get that analytical, probably the only place you're going to get informed opinion is http://machines.hyperreal.org/Analogue-Heaven/ (search the archives for user 'panflet' but there's plenty of other knowledgeable people on there), or from some of the collectors on gearslutz.

the only place you're going to get informed opinion is http://machines.hype...nalogue-Heaven/ (search the archives for user 'panflet' but there's plenty of other knowledgeable people on there), or from some of the collectors on gearslutz.

Analogue Heaven?

Doesn't the man himself post on there? LOL :biggrin:

the only place you're going to get informed opinion is http://machines.hype...nalogue-Heaven/ (search the archives for user 'panflet' but there's plenty of other knowledgeable people on there), or from some of the collectors on gearslutz.

Analogue Heaven?

Doesn't the man himself post on there? LOL :biggrin:

No, not any more. At least not as 'panflet'.

The thing is there's alot of effects, choruses and shit that masks the sounds from being easily identified as "obvious synth X".

but the bass in deadcode is probably not a 101

i've got a suspicion there's alot more modular shit going than just your typical roland or korg

<br />
<br />everyone knows all the Analords were done in Fruity Loops with free VSTs<br />
<br /><br />Given RDJ's knowledge of compression, reverb, EQ, and other post production knowledge, he could pull this off and only the most esoteric audiophile would know the difference. It's all waves man, sine, square, whatevs brah, you just get in there and get sooo pitted like wha-BAAA<br />

I don't think so, there are some good analogue emulations out there but they do have their limits and no matter how good you are at tweaking you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear however if there is a VST that can make the exact lead from 'Fenix Funk 5' or the intro to 'Rushup I Bank 12' please let me know.

Archived