IGNORED

Another stoner thread

chim

Just took a few puffs and put on a bob marley playlist on youtube (I know it's cheesy but I actually never took the time to do this, last times I've been high I've mainly been listening to Analord)

Why? I've begun a more serious relationship with Mary Jane. I've been smoking like 7 times within the last 2 and a half week. The last time before was 6 months ago. And before that I'd only toked like 3-4 times in my life.

Why? Because I got access to some good stuff at an okay price.. I'd barely even bought the stuff before, mainly doing it when a friend (for life or for the evening, both kinds) shared some.

Also, since haschish is more common here I've smoked that everytime except one time I smoked weed. Either the weed wasn't very good or I just don't like weed as much as haschish.

What do you prefer, hashish or weed? I imagine the US boys only smoke weed.

I've noticed I love it as a relaxant when I'm done my chores for the day. It's good for the nerves.. But I also like making music with it. Once my legs bear me again I head off to Ableton and come up with some creative passages. One thing I did was a melody in the end of a drone/ambient piece, and I just can't fucking get enough of that passage, because it was so genius in it's simplicity. (It will be on my upcombing album, don't expect that one anytime soon because it is gonna be my masterpiece and get me signed)

So, um. I've got a few thoughts running through my head about what kind of things I want to ask you about, but mainly, I'm curious about the experiences of you other watmmers.

One love

The above took me forever to write, by the way.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't assume too much about us US boys, I've been enjoying a steady supply of quality hash all summer long.

that said, I tend to prefer the more psychedelic, active-brain high of straight tea to the fuzzy 'velcro-head' I get from lots of hash.

another US boy here... and having my medical license, i can head down to 'the farmacy' in venice, and pick up all manner of hash, hash oil, sativa pills, edibles, shiva crystals, not to mention about 20+ varieties of the green stuff on any given day. all legal, and the highest quality you could ever hope for.

having said that, i've also more recently come to enjoy cannabis more than i used to. i was always put off by the stoner / hippie element, but when ingested similarly to a nice dram of scotch or glass of wine, it's actually better stuff all around.

i find my response to it rather unpredictable - it's always positive, but sometimes i feel nearly nothing, and other times i begin contemplating theoretical physics in ways that, at the time, seem revolutionary.

interesting stuff.

where I live in the US, its fairly hard to get a hold of hash, and i never really bought a ton of weed in order to make it, so no go there.

i love smokin weed...but i had to quit and havent even really thought too much about puffing for almost 4 months now.

I still have a tin of it and some in my one-hitter.

all i can say is, enjoy it but dont overdo it. if you are stoned constantly, IMHO it seems to take away the "magic" of the whole experience and just turns into an addiction. when i smoked all the time I usually just lit up and sat around for half an hour until I came down a little bit.

That is good to hear, it was more a question in the form of a subtle snide. It's just all the weed culture from the US when I've felt like hashish is the way to go. Once you go afghan, you never go back.

Tea sounds cool, i've never tried it.

I'm watching seinfeld, and Elaine is biting the top of off muffins, and I'm like shit, I shuld get a muffin and totally eat it.

Guest Adjective

i never really cared for weed until last year or maybe the year before, i can't remember facepalm-ooh-la-la.gif

but it's definitely a great way to bond with other people and also generate a lot of incomplete musical ideas to pick up on later.

for me it seems to lower my standards a bit and consequently i develop certain artistic ideas that i would have otherwise dismissed from the start. it has done wonders for me musically, for motivation at least. only drawback is i tend to get worn out and drowsy. i only smoke on the weekends.

My big problem is weed really affected my musical output. Sure id come up with great ideas, but id stay in my chair and just dwell on them rather than act....different strokes I suppose.

for me it seems to lower my standards a bit and consequently i develop certain artistic ideas that i would have otherwise dismissed from the start. it has done wonders for me musically, for motivation at least. only drawback is i tend to get worn out and drowsy. i only smoke on the weekends.

Yeah that's how I think about it. When I got it I wanted to really do alot of it in a dozen days or so, and I made sure to keep at least 3 days between. It's been a good experience.

I think the greatest thought I came up with during some spur of philosophy was "I am my own greatest mystery".

I think it should be legal, and I like it for the idea of relaxing and creativity. In actuality it's spurred me more in my ambition to do something with my life, for the first time in a long time I've got a job interview coming up next week, and it seems I've pretty much landed the job.

the whole legal issue is pretty redundant and ridiculous honestly. Even my grandparents and people that vote and pledge public support against "drugs" never have anything bad to say about marijuana. really strange how it is in the US honestly.

Maus

another US boy here... and having my medical license, i can head down to 'the farmacy' in venice, and pick up all manner of hash, hash oil, sativa pills, edibles, shiva crystals, not to mention about 20+ varieties of the green stuff on any given day. all legal, and the highest quality you could ever hope for.

Daaayum man. That's fucking evil! Nice one.

the whole legal issue is pretty redundant and ridiculous honestly. Even my grandparents and people that vote and pledge public support against "drugs" never have anything bad to say about marijuana. really strange how it is in the US honestly.

Yeah. I'm thinking, the current actions by Argentina and Mexico will create a snowball effect that will at least decriminalize it.

Oh man I'm laughing my ass off at seinfeld

"we'll change everything to chicken. instead of hot dogs, chicken dogs, instead of pretzels, chicken twists.. Instead of beer, alcoholic chicken."

"how do they make alcoholic chicken?"

"everything yeasts, even chicken"

Tea sounds cool, i've never tried it.

tea is just an old term for weed (1920s-1960s-ish). I just like it better than "pot" "weed", etc.

Ahhh. Yeah man I've read On The Road, haha. It's just that in Sweden the kids are doing weed thru all ways possible, smoke it, bake it in a cake, stuff it up their asses, or cook it as tea.

ive never had brownies, and I would LOVE to indluge it....again, the only problem is that i am a cheapskate and dont want to spend a few C-bills to make it happen.

I'm a regular smoker, almost every day. I love weed, it gives me such a chill mood. Come home at night, eat some dinner and relax with a bowl, then go about writing some tunes or just zoning out w/ some video games. You can get good weed around here, but hash is almost non-existant. When my friend and I were moving a lot of weight we would make our own hash, but that was quite a few years ago. but ya, WEED :biggrin:

I think weed feels more "crisp" and is more of an upper, at least the weed I smoked. We started at Winamp visualizations for like forever and watched James Bond.

I smoke both hash and weed (about 50/50.) I buy the hash because it's cheaper, prefer weed. I'm wondering what kind of hash you guys are smoking if you like it more than something like amnesia.

I've been smoking daily for about 2 years and I am getting sick of it. It's still enjoyable but I'm such a useless idiot on cannabis. I stopped smoking for a few weeks a while ago and I was amazed how much stuff I could do on a night after work. So yeah, I'm going to stop buying the stuff, it's not good for my inner drive.

Yeah sure, I'm sure people are able to use it moderately. I did for years. But to me smoking a joint is such a harmless thing. That innocence makes it hard to say no after a hard day of work when the stuff is lying around in the house. Lack of character is probably the cause. It's not that stopping is that hard, it doesn't trouble me at all. Stopping a couple of weeks feels great. And I freak out after 24-hours without nicotine.

Also, one of my main issues with this drug is paranoia. I don't trust people when I'm high. And smoking a lot makes me lose trust in a lot of people.

Guest AOOproductions

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Hash... Seems legit. Never find it around the Boston area though. We do have some fucken amazing headies, just picked up some Sour Diesel and Northern Lights. No "KB" though... or generic bud as everyone else knows it. Kinda gets annoying.

Archived