IGNORED

Dopplereffekt interview in The Wire

qnio

cover308withcd.jpg

Just got a heads up that Dopplereffekt do their first ever face to face interview and photoshoot in the next issue of The Wire. It will be in the October issue which is out in a couple of days I'm told. The journalist Derek Walmsley conducted the interview when they were over to play their London debut at Plex earlier this year. Hopefully this will be illuminating and it should help in exposing them to a largely sympathetic audience as well. No images on their site yet but will post them here when there are.

source

Guest 277: 930-933

that cover took about 30 seconds to make

I agree that it's good to see a magazine focus on content rather than appealing to an audience by trying to look pretty.

Guest ezkerraldean

that cover took about 30 seconds to make

I agree that it's good to see a magazine focus on content rather than appealing to an audience by trying to look pretty.

lol

gerald donalds attempts to put a sheen of mystique and science fiction over the genre of electro work to an extent but can very easily collapse under their own weight if too many people know hes 'almost lost his american accent'. I just find it hard to believe that its not some sort of put on for the interviewer

if too many people know hes 'almost lost his american accent'. I just find it hard to believe that its not some sort of put on for the interviewer

What do you mean by that? He's been living in germany for quite some time, it's natural to pick up the accent, check Richie Hawtin for example.

i don't think it's natural for everybody, maybe for those who want to seem more german it is, i mean if i was an electro musician shrouded in mystique it would probably be fun for me to put on a german accent to people. i have 2 friends who have lived in berlin over 10 years and have no hints of having a german accent whatsoever. Do you also think it's normal for Madonna to have a british accent now ?

, if he's putting it on or not. I find it funny when people pick up accents, simple as that! my friend in 8th grade picked up a british accent when he stayed in england for 6 months, i found that funny too. i guess i am insensitive :rolleyes:

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

i don't think it's natural for everybody, maybe for those who want to seem more german it is, i mean if i was an electro musician shrouded in mystique it would probably be fun for me to put on a german accent to people. i have 2 friends who have lived in berlin over 10 years and have no hints of having a german accent whatsoever. Do you also think it's normal for Madonna to have a british accent now ?

Now playing: Gypsy chimp - Wevie Stonder

Archived