IGNORED

joyrex - why can't i post youtube clips

delet...

this is what i do .. i understand that in the past one would put this sequence of capitalized letters in there ... but i now put in the whole url .. but still nought ... hence the query ...

;-]

just click on insert media, the last button with the 3 polaroids ^^^. All the "other styles" anyway don't work for me either, they all get fucked up and are inserted into the little box instead of the reply box. But that's how we love WATMM... :emotawesomepm9:

ppl need friday night disco this must be resolved ... 'insert media' is the button i'm using .. ;-] .. cause the side thing doesn't give joy ... hence the question .. maybe it's a privilege that is denied to me yarhg ..

I have to click on 'other styles', then Youtube HD. Take the code from the URL after the '=' and paste that in the middle. I also remove the letters 'hd' from the code.

This:

becomes this: 05RZJxDIhTU

(youtubehd)05RZJxDIhTU(/youtubehd)

(youtube)05RZJxDIhTU(/youtube)

05RZJxDIhTU

I might be doing it a complicated way though, I don't know.

Some of the old tags no longer work - I suggest until I can get around to updating them, use the media tag, and put the full URL to the YT video will work - it needs to be in this format (substituting the { brackets for the [ brackets)

{media}http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dskjrek12{/media}

Extra stuff after the v= parameter (like &feature=related) will work as well.

I'm on lunch right now, so I guess I'll go update the YouTube HD tags...

Some of the old tags no longer work - I suggest until I can get around to updating them, use the media tag, and put the full URL to the YT video will work - it needs to be in this format (substituting the { brackets for the [ brackets)

{media}http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dskjrek12{/media}

Extra stuff after the v= parameter (like &feature=related) will work as well.

I'm on lunch right now, so I guess I'll go update the YouTube HD tags...

Fuck that. Have lunch, leave WATMM 'til later.

OK, YouTube HD is working (under the Other Styles menu), and I figured out why some people are having issues with the Media tag - it was because some people can use the RTE (Rich Text Editor, and it's a known bug with this forum that it screws up BBCode. I turned it off, so most people won't notice a change (other than the text going to typewriter text if they were using the RTE before).

Archived