IGNORED

" > S.O.L."

Guest ryanmcallister

didnt like it... superfast but uninspired drums for the sake of it, randomly tacked on to something completely different. if thats the point then well great i suppose. billion times better than audiogeists epic "5 seconds to make" sounding pieces but not really my cup of tea. and there's not much point at getting butthurt cause your song got bumped of the top of the page without any responses cause thats gonna happen all the time to everybody

Guest ryanmcallister

didnt like it... superfast but uninspired drums for the sake of it, randomly tacked on to something completely different. if thats the point then well great i suppose. billion times better than audiogeists epic "5 seconds to make" sounding pieces but not really my cup of tea. and there's not much point at getting butthurt cause your song got bumped of the top of the page without any responses cause thats gonna happen all the time to everybody

harsh...

one man's opinion doesn't bother me though, thanks for listening anyway. i checked out your stuff, i really like what you are doing. maybe someday my drums will be as "inspired" as yours, lol.

I liked it until the drums came in about a third of the way through. Not bad though, sounds apocalyptic. Also, fix that reed organ (or whatever that last instrument is supposed to sound like).

Guest ryanmcallister

thanks for listening guys. i agree with all of you (even Ludd, despite his being very blunt...lol). the drum breaks were originally a lot more musical, but then i ran them through a series of effects that i performed real time. had those effects (reverbs, comb filters, reverse, tape stops, etc.) been programmed using automation i would have had much more control, but it was fun to just "perform it". totally get what all you guys mean though.

Guest ryanmcallister

whatever... shit, i can dig it bro, fuck the haters. I mean, for something like this I have to hear it in the context of a bunch of tracks. no opinion. not brilliant, not garbage.

thanks man.

Guest ryanmcallister

i thought it was pretty cool, the first drum patterns (the slower breaks) were mixed too loud though. as for the fast bits, i'm hearing dbblue glitch. whether or not you actually used it doesn't matter, point is it sounds like you did and this is a big turn off for me (especially after overusing it on my first, disowned album :biggrin: )

otherwise i really liked it

BURRNNNN!!!!

I'm on a mac, so no dblue for me. although my effects chain was probably similar to dblue's, the randomness come from me just performing the effects bypasses real time rather than taking the time to automate. Next time i'll take more time, but this tune is done and over for me.

Archived