IGNORED

Anyone in/been in bands.....

Guest placidburp

Guest placidburp

I imagine a lot of the people here that make music have been or a still in bands. Link us up an lets have a listen.

http://www.myspace.com/stoofaband - STOOFA.

This is the band I was in at college, 10ish years ago. The styles vary, as everyone was into loads of different sorts of music. But we were mainly going for a Mogwai sort of instrumental sound... I'm still quite proud of this music and do still Listen to it from time to time. (I was the drummer by the way...)

Now post yours!!

i was in some jangly byrdsian indie bands between 89 and 91 then me and a mate started an experimental ambient noise cosmic drone guitar duo between 92 and 94

this is from our extremely lo-fi 1993 album "eyes teeth an astronaut" by FCBM.

it's ripped from a battered old tape on a crackly old tape deck.

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=19425

Guest placidburp

i was in some jangly byrdsian indie bands between 89 and 91 then me and a mate started an experimental ambient noise cosmic drone guitar duo between 92 and 95

this is from our 1993 album "eyes teeth an astronaut" by FCBM.

it's ripped from a battered old tape on a crackly old tape deck.

link luddy plz.

Guest placidburp

*drops acid*

Good shit man! Did you ever play this stuff out live?

a little bit, but our live shows were usually more chaotic random noise and sillyness with extra things like drummers and whatnot. i drank 4 cans of special brew during one gig, over running the next bands set by an hour and accidentally smashed my guitar at the end. we were barred from the venue

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i've been in numerous bands. most never getting out the garage/bedroom. but some mildly successful. no music online. few names:

herman jupiter

ruddy

ronnie rocket

mild case of rock

swinging dicks

beach house boys

mildred and humprey

chad and the hungry hippos

skyscape

sunskin (probably most successful)

burgundy sunrise

shitting teabags

motherlove

fishtoilet

andrew and the pelicans

ruddy and the trumps

the trumps

bargeboys

riverboat barge boys

hhm some more too.

does it count if the name only lasted 1 day?

i was in a band in highschool. we won battle of the bands at our school and ended up playing a ton of shows around town. this is one of the first videos we made to get into battle of the bands

we were called periscopes. it was a fun time

of course i'm on keyboard

i've been in numerous bands. most never getting out the garage/bedroom. but some mildly successful. no music online. few names:

herman jupiter

ruddy

ronnie rocket

mild case of rock

swinging dicks

beach house boys

mildred and humprey

skyscape

burgundy sunrise

shitting teabags

motherlove

fishtoilet

andrew and the pelicans

ruddy and the trumps

the trumps

bargeboys

riverboat barge boys

hhm some more too.

moonshine megarainbow?

I'm in a Columbus-based band called Pinebox:

http://www.pinebox.org

http://www.myspace.com/pinebox1

Also, not technically a band, but I'm recording with a friend of mine:

I was also one half of Murder by Television

Guest SecondaryCell

A few old bands that I was in:

Element 115 - a three-piece band back in '97 (NOT to be confused with the cover band from Phoenix with the same name). We called our stuff instrumental, progressive, experimental... we were listening to a lot of Bill Laswell-related stuff, plus King Crimson, Eno, etc.

myspace.com/element115project

(please excuse the silly "alien" influenced pics)

The next one is from the early 90's - Poleshift, which was my wife on woodwinds and me doing the other stuff. We called the music "Dreamy electro-chant" which was a description taken from a "Discoveries" article about my music in Keyboard magazine.

It's really cold, sterile sounding stuff. I over-produced everything and just about broke up my marriage in the process. My wife and I have never worked together on a musical project since.

myspace.com/poleshiftproject

(Also, super cheesey pics taken in the late 80's)

OK, I'm going to really, really date myself here. This next band is Transmuters (name taken from an original Star Trek episode, not from the super-hip British boots). The tracks are from our album pressed in 1984, we classified ourselves as "quicky synth-pop" and we once won a contest for being "more Devo than Devo".

Interesting side note: although the drums on the album were an Oberheim DX drum machine, our live drummer (on Simmons drums) was Chris Vrenna who went on to join Trent in NIN.

myspace.com/transmuters

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

herman jupiter

ruddy

ronnie rocket

mild case of rock

swinging dicks

beach house boys

mildred and humprey

skyscape

burgundy sunrise

shitting teabags

motherlove

fishtoilet

andrew and the pelicans

ruddy and the trumps

the trumps

bargeboys

riverboat barge boys

hhm some more too.

moonshine megarainbow?

indeed man. guessing you heard our 'when in doubt, eat a trout' album from 94. or maybe our 'ode to nathaniel jagfist' ep from 93?

Guest beatfanatic

Knocked about in many bands but my favorite one was with my best friends in college. We were called Racemic (ray-CEE-mic) because we were huge nerds and took from organic chemistry when a solution was a 50:50 mix of mirror image isomers (Two Indian guys and two white guys :facepalm: ). It became just me on drums (and DJX lol) and my Desi friends on guitar and violin/vocals. We had some success because people heard us playing in the dorms and such so the student board hired us to play school functions. Who could resist big sing alongs to "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys? We learned a lot of crowd pleasing hits. When we weren't pleasing the folks, we liked to work on instrumentals. Here's a favorite called "Reflections." It was mic'd to a PA but played live in the same room so it's kind of a strange sound but you get the point.

you didny post the track??

would you like to be a part of my band called Hindu Hamburgers??

interesting to see the less electronic side of watmm members' musical output.

i too have been in a series of bands over the years, but the most 'successful' (if there is such a thing) was my band supermack:

http://www.myspace.com/supermackdc

the track "3 Rhymes" was our biggest "hit", if you can call it that. got some airplay on the radio in the DC area for a while.

our biggest accomplishment was playing the 2003 rolling rock town fair in pittsburgh after winning the hard rock cafe's nationwide battle of the bands.

after that, we quickly disbanded and now live in all four corners of the continental US.

such is life.

c

our little improv collective

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal

we agree on a scale and tempo then start totally from scratch with blank patterns and see where we go :happy::wacko::fail::yeah:

we've all been a bit busy over the summer but things are rolling again and I need to put some recent jamm sessions up soon

still early days but its evolving and is a lot of fun

we have another gig in November

i like ur acid moosics. I haven't heard this though.

I've been digging around for days now trying to get ahold of some of my old demo tapes but alas I have had no luck as of yet.

Ok, the only one worth listening to is probably Ditchweed in the Microwave. 7th-8th grade. 1994 I think. This is a terrible representation of out talent. We were totally punk tho. We didn't give a FUCK, and people got hurt. Good fucking times.

http://www.myspace.com/sylph1994

Archived