IGNORED

¡Bennez Kendell

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

whey! thanks for listening +comments :)

yeah, amen programming isn't really my thing. slaved hardcore over the drums in this song for ages and all i got was a minutes thirty worth before i was growing tired of it. but anyway, thanks again.

there's no intro

snare hit has no punch

the amen? seriously?

bass kick, is that a 909? felt kinda weak

rhythm, where is it .. all i'm hearing is the same amen loop besides the additional hits of bass and snare here and there

bass, where is it

I really like the melodies you used, very nice stuff. especially the delayed lead kind of thing

overall the track feels pretty tame. but i've been overdosing on darkstep lately so maybe that's why

Guest bitroast

oh man, you totally ate up my drum production! (heh, lack of?)

there's no intro

..lack of intro dully noted..

snare hit has no punch

..damn.. fair point

the amen? seriously?

..haha yeah. i have this hefty collection of all sorts of breaks but the amen is still the funnest the piss around with.

bass kick, is that a 909? felt kinda weak

yeah, it's a recording of 909 bass kick sample fed through reverb (really digging doing this, using samples of drum hits through reverb and then cutting them up, cutting the reverb off short, bringing it back in kinda thing. sounds awesome but the effect kinda gets lost in the mix, espicially with an amen on top.)

rhythm, where is it .. all i'm hearing is the same amen loop besides the additional hits of bass and snare here and there

it's the same amen loop but it's defintely cut up.. :(

bass, where is it

lost in the mix i guesss :(

I really like the melodies you used, very nice stuff. especially the delayed lead kind of thing

overall the track feels pretty tame. but i've been overdosing on darkstep lately so maybe that's why

hehe thanks for the input ! :)

you want me to do a chopped up drum track for ya?

sure? :p

I like it, especially the way that the rhythm snaps in and out of the beat. The melody is very good, especially with the use of reverb and distortion. The loop kinda loses it's freshness though towards the end, maybe fade into or switch to a programmed beat in the next part.

very nice melodies! i've really burned out the amen break though so can't really comment on the drum programming, except that i agree that programming complex drum patterns is super time consuming, (hence why a lot of my drum patterns are pretty static, zole). i would like to hear this developed more though! perhaps with some other break instead hehe.

Yes but with good intentions, with some minor improvement in production you could be heading into some very dangerous territory man..

yeah, it's a recording of 909 bass kick sample fed through reverb (really digging doing this, using samples of drum hits through reverb and then cutting them up, cutting the reverb off short, bringing it back in kinda thing. sounds awesome but the effect kinda gets lost in the mix, espicially with an amen on top.)

You know, that is a very cool effect but it's completely unnoticeable in the mix.. I hate it too when shit gets lost in the mix.

lost in the mix i guesss :(

Yeah man happens to the best of us. I'm sure even aphex sits there notching and cutting EQ like a madman to get shit to work..

It takes time, I've been shit at it myself for a very long time but recently I've discovered some cool tricks..

Most important is to give everything it's own space, and cut everything that causes mud..

Of course this means you may have to spend hours making the bass, kick and snare work together, but it CAN be done and that's the most important part.

you want me to do a chopped up drum track for ya?

sure? :p

Me too! Me too!

Guest bitroast

Yes but with good intentions

hehehe i know, and i appreciate it. the whole thing was done in 2 days which is incredibly short period of time for me. maybe... just maybe.. i'll come back to it in a few days and will take what's been said into consideration!

Archived