IGNORED

Amateur Photography

jeremymacgregor87

Taxman, what is that picture of yours the red one? The one that people have been qouting? I'm quite intrigued, it's awesome.

that's verticalhold's picutre and i just quoted it. i'm curious too though. it looks like beads of water on some glass out of focus but i can't figure out the dark spots with the hard edges in the middle.

taint, your stuff isn't bad dude. i like your use of soft open lighting and your composition is really nice. a lot of your stuff is very professional.

i fucking love this one

20090603200350_untitled-2.jpg

and these

20090504210631_untitled-1.jpg

20080131135915_dsc_2893.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is a piss take, its funny

However..

If you are serious, you should be pointed and laughed at for the rest of your days

I cant even contemplate you were serious with these pictures though, so im going to award you high points for dissolving any potential pretentiousness that comes part and parcel of a thread like this.

If this is a piss take, its funny

However..

If you are serious, you should be pointed and laughed at for the rest of your days

I cant even contemplate you were serious with these pictures though, so im going to award you high points for dissolving any potential pretentiousness that comes part and parcel of a thread like this.

I don't take myself seriously at all. I like funny Engrish, and I like handicapped signs and such. That is all. I just take pictures of stuff I like. Doesn't everyone? And why would there be "pretentiousness" in a fucking AMATEUR photography thread?

An amateur is generally considered a person attached to a particular pursuit, study, or science, without formal training or pay.

Fuck's sake. :rolleyes:

i hate my shit. i bought a new lens to hopefully open some doors for me to try something new. everything of mine comes off as a cliche. oh well; more at taitk.com/photoblog

Dude your shit is awesome... dont hate. I wouldn't consider is cliche in any sense... perhaps tribute to what has been lost in photography in this day and age. It seems now that people only consider a photo worthy if it is sharp and perfectly exposed. I have seen accounts where people actually post on flickr photographs from artists from way back, photos that have made it into historical art books, that got tore to shit because they weren't perfectly in focus, or the exposure was off. What kind of lens did you pick up?

As for some good tips in candids/street photography... there is this Bruce Gilden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkIWW6vwrvM

Man I want a Leica!

Anywho... a link to my stuff - I'm a bit of a traditionalist.

http://bleedblops.com/v/2009/

Guest abusivegeorge

Taxman, thanks mate I never noticed :)!

Verticalhold, what is the picture you posted, the red one? Looks like a see through magma river or something? Or like taxman said, beads of water, or is it a glass object with bubbles inside? Very intrigues man, it's awesome.

2456109066_487ee98fc8.jpg

I like this one alot.

me too. it reminds me of my old neighborhood. nice stuff braintree.

Thanks! That was actually taken in Boston, right down the street where Wall Bird lives/lived.

thanks vertical, taxman. it's appreciated. i like those forest shots posted last page. forget the name.

nice paint chips btw. circlejerk.

Dude your shit is awesome... dont hate. I wouldn't consider is cliche in any sense... perhaps tribute to what has been lost in photography in this day and age. It seems now that people only consider a photo worthy if it is sharp and perfectly exposed. I have seen accounts where people actually post on flickr photographs from artists from way back, photos that have made it into historical art books, that got tore to shit because they weren't perfectly in focus, or the exposure was off. What kind of lens did you pick up?

As for some good tips in candids/street photography... there is this Bruce Gilden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkIWW6vwrvM

Man I want a Leica!

yeah the mentality these days is pretty ridiculous. i would never expect it to be found here. with the influx and availibity of digital cameras there's the growing mindset out there that pictures need to fit a specific aesthetic which only exist on technical levels. it's juvenile photographers pushing juvenile ideals. how's the contrast, how's the sharpness, etc. it's frustrating sometimes.

i got a sigma 30mm 1.4. i wanted a good walk around and something fast for nighttime city walks and during all my travels commuting. i've been enjoying it a lot.

bruce is hilarious. i'm surprised he hasn't been shot/robbed/shanked/raped.

the dirty thirty is a wonderful lens, if you get a good copy. I had one at one point with my crop sensor... I just love primes... fast primes, that's all I own.

Is that the new Siggy 50mm? I have heard/seen some really good results. I've considered selling my Nikkor 50mm 1.2 AIS for one of them... but the Nikkor is just so light/compact.

Guest abusivegeorge

Taxman, thanks mate I never noticed :)!

Verticalhold, what is the picture you posted, the red one? Looks like a see through magma river or something? Or like taxman said, beads of water, or is it a glass object with bubbles inside? Very intrigues man, it's awesome.

3842993-2-paint-peeling.jpg

Just posting this to get your attention to my above qoute mate lol.

Archived