IGNORED

Tahnaiya Russel

Guest HokusPoker

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some member on here also told he spoke to rdj and he claims that richard has said to him that he's the tuss and he got an autograph as well or something if I remember correctly

I thought he said something like "isn't it obvious?" or "what do you think?!"

This also proves The Tuss. I even posted this for Grant Wilson-Claridge on Facebook, but he didn't respond to it or anything.

Not really a surprise for him though is it? I'm sure his world wasn't rocked to its foundations

True, I didn't expect him to respond, but it's funny that he still denies it even though there is definitive proof.

• 3 years later...

that was the first thing I did. However on the youtube video comments they're arguing about whether that is the actual track or not. So I thought I'd ask here instead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Had this on my mp3 player for years and then lost it when i had to reformat it. DL'd it again last night to enjoy.

I don't know what the significance of the name is, i think the idea was to just use a name that would throw people of the scent, sounds like an emo name. Or a Tanya that changed the spelling to be edgy and do remixes and shit. It's an awesome remix, been listening to it at work today on a loop to try and blot out all the annoying shit thats going on around me (phones ringing, people talking to me who have annoying voices, etc.). I need to find more stuff that sounds like this to listen to, the Box Energy remixes and some Tuss shit are the stuff that comes closest, gotta be some more undiscovered beats like this.

How did that track win a future music competition? or was the youtube track description bollocks, or was it not the right track? Or does my zero understanding of future music remix competitions over-rate the likelihood of any submissions being worthwhile? Or was it always going to be the winner as rephlex and future music had a preplanned gag going on?

/goes to bed, because really it's a great idea.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/16840-doesnt-anyone-have-the-tahnaiya-russell-aphex-track/

http://www.tahnaiya.com/

This is a real person? Is it some chick Aphex banged or something?

I actually got a phone call, at home from her - asked for a derogatory thread regarding this be removed. Apparently a friend of Richard.

as much as I despise forum member Elusive, he made a good point about there being absolutely no proof that this Luke Vibert remix for Future Music is that same staircase song that floated around. Wasn't it pulled from an AFX live set anyways? How do we know for sure this is the same Future Music remix? For all we know the future music remix never saw the light of day

That Scirem track is banging. It's just amazing how equally fucked up and soothing the soundscapes of that track can be are.

:music: :music: :music::emb:

:music:

wasn't it published at the time on the CD you get with future music?

it was never to my knowledge officially 'published' anywhere, from what I remember it was a song that somebody 'guessed' was somehow a remix of Wagon Christ's scifi staircase song from either an AFX or Luke Vibert live/dj set. If you try to find proof it's the real remix, it only seems less likely since the original song by Vibert sounds absolutely nothing like the remix and it's not 'relaxed' in any way (which is how he describes it in the contest article). So I think Elusive in this instance is absolutely right, that it is essentially fan-made myth that this track is indeed the same Future Music remix submission. For all we know this track has never been heard by anyone. At this point maybe someone should get a straight answer out of Vibert himself? Does he twitter?

Also listen to how the song doesn't actually end, it actually sounds like it cuts off somewhere around a half-way point when it just starts getting really busy and heavy. This is another indication that it was never officially published in any form. I think that the live set it was pulled from happened around a similar time and since it wasn't one of the tracks that made it on Rushup Edge, or Confederation Trough, somehow it was determined it was the track, how I have no idea.

wasn't it published at the time on the CD you get with future music?

it was never to my knowledge officially 'published' anywhere, from what I remember it was a song that somebody 'guessed' was somehow a remix of Wagon Christ's scifi staircase song from either an AFX or Luke Vibert live/dj set. If you try to find proof it's the real remix, it only seems less likely since the original song by Vibert sounds absolutely nothing like the remix and it's not 'relaxed' in any way (which is how he describes it in the contest article). So I think Elusive in this instance is absolutely right, that it is essentially fan-made myth that this track is indeed the same Future Music remix submission. For all we know this track has never been heard by anyone. At this point maybe someone should get a straight answer out of Vibert himself? Does he twitter?

Also listen to how the song doesn't actually end, it actually sounds like it cuts off somewhere around a half-way point when it just starts getting really busy and heavy. This is another indication that it was never officially published in any form. I think that the live set it was pulled from happened around a similar time and since it wasn't one of the tracks that made it on Rushup Edge, or Confederation Trough, somehow it was determined it was the track, how I have no idea.

as far as i remember the results of the "luke vibert remix competition" were announced in the following future music issue and luke had chosen 3 tracks i believe which were his favourites. the one he chose as the winner was the tahnaiya russell track in question, and i remember him commenting on it in the results article about the "huge bass" featured in the track. the article then explained that they had actually given the prize (which i can't remember what it was) to the second placed entry as they had later found out that "tahnaiya russell" was in fact rdj up to one of his pranks and obviously awarding a prize not really fair. i think luke claimed to not know it was aphex who entered the track, but i suspect he really did and awarded first place to richard for a laugh.

also hasn't afx taken some of the spooky stringy type sounds from the original and pitched them down on the remix? also mayeb sampled the claps and some of the beat and sped it up?

original:

[youtubehd]ULM8jG0xXcU[/youtubehd]

found some of the original FM article also below:

Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction, and it appears that in this case, that rings true - Richard entered a track in the Future Music Remix Competition (the goal was to remix a Luke Vibert track) under the alias of "Tahnaniya Russell", and won! Next month's Future Music magazine will have an interview with Richard (claims he's downright candid, unlike other interviews). Future Music decided to pick a co-winner (since Richard didn't really need the grand prize of sample CDs) so the runner up Michael Stephens was chosen. Quite the honour to have been beaten by one of the best out there.Vibert describes Tahnan-er, Richard's remix as "Relaxed and sophisticated, but with large balls and huge bass".

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/16840-doesnt-anyone-have-the-tahnaiya-russell-aphex-track/

http://www.tahnaiya.com/

This is a real person? Is it some chick Aphex banged or something?

I actually got a phone call, at home from her - asked for a derogatory thread regarding this be removed. Apparently a friend of Richard.

Interesting. didn't mean to contribute anything derogatory if that's the case. Just unraveling the mystery.

Archived