IGNORED

can Warp Records be saved?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planet-Mu is the new Warp

Until µ stops with all the dubstep shite (yeah, I said it, fuckers), they will never, ever come close to being the 'new' WARP.

And honestly, I don't think they want to be, anyways - I may not like a lot of their releases these days, but I respect the fact they're doing their own thing their way.

Planet-Mu is the new Warp

Until stops with all the dubstep shite (yeah, I said it, fuckers), they will never, ever come close to being the 'new' WARP.

And honestly, I don't think they want to be, anyways - I may not like a lot of their releases these days, but I respect the fact they're doing their own thing their way.

I never liked dubstep at first but that was until I heard the likes of Boxcutter, Vexd and Milanese which is damn fine electronic music regardless of the dubstep genre.

There's also the fact that all the our fave Warp acts on this forum that gave the labels status were all signed well over a decade ago.

Warp for me lost its cool with Maximo Park and µ is currently doing a better job keeping the general quality and variation of new electronic artists on Mu even if he has sacrificed his own musical direction (and personal life from what I've read). It's just a shame Planet Mu started late in the game or we wouldn't be having this debate methinx, shit even ole Richie has had his fair share of trouble with Warp.

Warp was way cooler back in the day imho.

Anyhowz what about a Snares subforum? :emotawesomepm9:

:wink:

And to say the big 4 have gotten "lazy", is just irresponsible and wrong - again, look at the release dates for the big 4's releases in the "golden age" compared to now, and you'll see, with the exception of Aphex Twin (if you were not to count his Rephlex output), most are putting out releases at the same interval they did back then.

I disagree Papa...

AE 1994-2001

Amber

Tri Repetae

Chiastic Slide

LP5

EP7

Confield

Anti EP

Garbage

Anvil Vapre

Envane

Cichlisuite

Peel Session 1

Peel Session 2

vs

AE 2002-2009

Draft 7.30

Gantz Graf

Untilted

Quaristice

Quadrange

AFX

I won't even go here. There's a 3:1 ratio of content difference.

SP 1994-2001

Feed me Weird Things

Hard Normal Daddy

Burningn' Tree

Muris is Rotted One Note

Big Loada

Budakhan Mindphone

Maximum Priest

Selection Sixteen

Go Plastic

vs

SP 2002-2009

DYK Square

Ultravisitor

Squarewindow

Hello Everything

Just a Souvenir

Numbers Lucent

Solo Bass 1

BOC

That's the exception, but after the popularity of MHTRTC and Geogaddi, they got carte-blance by WARP obviously. They released ONE single album in the past 6 years

Warp relies too much on the big 4 sometimes, when they should constantly be looking for new talents that push new grounds like some of the Planet Mu signings. I think with the exposure that Warp brings, some artists on Rephlex/Mu would have flourished had they been signed to Warp at some point earlier in their career. You gotta admit there is a special sense/feeling when a new Warp release is out. That feeling is slowly die-ing as dissapointment continues to pop up (HudMo, Maximo, etc.).

Things will get better when BOC releases something (hopefully soon) and that new Aphex is out. The Papas know how to get the kids excited. :spiteful:

Warp is ok I guess

AFX and BOC have chosen to spread themselves a little thin, which is ok by me. I'll listen to their old stuff until new stuff comes out, there sure is enough of it.

AE and SP are still releasing albums relatively on schedule, 2-3 years really isn't all that bad.

I'm 95% sure i'm going to compeltely HATE the new BoC and think the new Fly Lo will be better...

:lol:

Why would you even compare those two?

jockriding trendwhore?

sorry for the flamebait...

Archived