IGNORED

"Hello, My Name is Tom Jenkinson" : Brilliant Quality Video/Audio Capture of his Warp20 Sheffield Set

karmakramer

I'm still just listening to part one and that first song is beautiful. It would be like a crime against humanity to keep this stuff unreleased.

agree

it doesn't really sound like him, at least not like his recent jazzy stuff, it sounds a bit more old skool or something, I really like it. good to know he still makes tunes like this (or has tracks lying around like this)

thanks for posting that vid :)

Well, its definitely got that jenkinson acid style for sure. I wonder when these were made. Maybe around when ceephax first started getting into acid? Or maybe when richard started recording the analord series? I remember there was a lot of talk about some of these being squarepusher. It was brought up in a lot of afx live set threads(maybe by impakt or somebody?). And I think some of these tracks were definitely played in sometime earlier other squarepusher sets. at least one of them.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your welcome cunts..

by the way... i have the entire thing as a 2.9G .mov file...but its abitch to upload anywhere. Suggestions?

If anyone knows the best way to get it from iMovie to an uploadable high quality format.. let me know and you can have the lot

Your welcome cunts..

by the way... i have the entire thing as a 2.9G .mov file...but its abitch to upload anywhere. Suggestions?

If anyone knows the best way to get it from iMovie to an uploadable high quality format.. let me know and you can have the lot

handbrake should sort you out. it should take a QuickTime file as input and will spit out a decent quality mp4, lots of settings too

Your welcome cunts..

Fuckin' nice one dude.

You should rip the audio into an mp3 or flac for us. :cool:

I'm still just listening to part one and that first song is beautiful. It would be like a crime against humanity to keep this stuff unreleased.

agree

it doesn't really sound like him, at least not like his recent jazzy stuff, it sounds a bit more old skool or something, I really like it. good to know he still makes tunes like this (or has tracks lying around like this)

thanks for posting that vid :)

Well, its definitely got that jenkinson acid style for sure. I wonder when these were made. Maybe around when ceephax first started getting into acid? Or maybe when richard started recording the analord series? I remember there was a lot of talk about some of these being squarepusher. It was brought up in a lot of afx live set threads(maybe by impakt or somebody?). And I think some of these tracks were definitely played in sometime earlier other squarepusher sets. at least one of them.

Yeah, it's amazing that Tom has been sitting on a lot of these since at least 2002 (Rome Rephlex gig). It's also nice to have confirmation they are by him.

Your welcome cunts..

Fuckin' nice one dude.

the mp3 rip from the vid is in the other thread...

Your welcome cunts..

Fuckin' nice one dude.

Thank You maan!!

Guest Retrig

ttheyre not tthat old,

It's all relative isn't it? Many of the tracks are at least 7 years old. Whether you choose to consider that old or not is up to you.

Guest Retrig

and you're basing their age by an aphax set

You're kidding right? I can spell it out for you if you'd like: If Aphex played them in 2002 then they weren't made after 2002. That makes them at least 7 years old, which is all I stated. Some might agree that 7 years old is "old". Get it? And I never mentioned any aphax set.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

the mental track in pt. 9 that's been played a few by AFX at his sets, it really, really, really sounds to me like an updated remix of Whooshki.

Guest maantecaaa!!!

How small of a camera and mic setup can you use to record shows? I'd love to do stereo mics and some kind of really small camera on a homemade steadying rig.

Thanks a ton for uploading this.

Your welcome cunts..

Fuckin' nice one dude.

Sorry to be a nause but which 'other thread' do you refer to? Cheers.

Guest maantecaaa!!!

Yeah, x 2 for that thread. As big squarepusher fans, I think we're entitled to this set. It's not like squarepusher has tons of fans, all of the videos from that set had less than a 1000 views each. Kinda sad really.

Archived