IGNORED

26 Mixes for Cash

Capsaicin

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aphex Twin's 'Heroes' remix taught me that putting loads of talented musicians together does not magnify their talent. I mean, if you think about it, this track was written by the man who created Ziggy Stardust, with the artist who made An Ending/Ascent, then re-imagined by the composer of the Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack, and finally remixed by the mastermind behind Ziggomatic 17. And it's still not as good as Pay No Mind (Snoozer) by Beck.

Ok If you rank I will too. But yeah the whole album is incredible!

1. Raising the Titanic

2. At the heart of it all ( dark, mystic, industrial track)

3. You can't hide your love. (AFX BASS!)

Tight followed by Debase

I love the Mindstream mix, but the 26 Mixes version has like 3 minutes chopped off! The same goes for a few other tracks on here.

I remember hearing that one or more of the tracks on this comp were revealed to have been sourced from mp3s instead of master tapes... Which one(s) is/are it/they and how was this discovered (I'm assuming from viewing the wavs through a Spectrogram)?

I'm a bit surprised that nobody mentions Let My Fish Loose? Also the SAW2 track is amazing with the drums. I might almost as well list the whole compilation here but besides those two other awesome tracks are Time to Find Me, Journey, Flow Coma, Windowlicker, You Can't Hide Your Love and Debase. The ending of Debase is so good.

I'm a bit surprised that nobody mentions Let My Fish Loose? Also the SAW2 track is amazing with the drums. I might almost as well list the whole compilation here but besides those two other awesome tracks are Time to Find Me, Journey, Flow Coma, Windowlicker, You Can't Hide Your Love and Debase. The ending of Debase is so good.

Let My Fish Loose is weird, but great! I like for the pitch shifted vocals, the crazy bassline and that acoustic guitar interlude

Let my fish loose is one of my favorite tracks on the album and one of the sickest ever

it sounds like a psychopatic childmurderer bathing in the blood of his victims

the pitchshifted vocals are a reference to the fly i think

Let my fish loose is one of my favorite tracks on the album and one of the sickest ever

it sounds like a psychopatic childmurderer bathing in the blood of his victims

Hehe, I imagine it somewhat less brutal. A little bit on the creepy side but more Arthur Machen-like dreamy mystical/occult horror instead of outright slaughter. It's like a girl in singing deep in a forest somewhere joined by a group of some supernatural creatures.

Nobody's mentioned the Mike Flowers remix? My personal Favourite!

I love this track, just listen to these fucking afx synth's, like he sold his soul to the devil to get these sounds.

And what's the deal with those NIN tracks? did he make this for the downward spiral album? They are not on the album i have :mellow: what's the story?

I love this track, just listen to these fucking afx synth's, like he sold his soul to the devil to get these sounds.

And what's the deal with those NIN tracks? did he make this for the downward spiral album? They are not on the album i have :mellow: what's the story?

they are on 'further down the spiral' which is a remix album of 'down the spiral'...

http://www.discogs.c...ral/master/3755

i did

yea I was going to point that out as well but decided against it, best left to the one who pointed it out... btw this remix album is epic, and as some of the tracks were ripped from mp3's I've made sure to track down the best copies available of all the tracks in lossless from their original releases where possible

i've collected all singles where we find all these remixes from this compilation. i've got some real version (some from this remixes album r edit version, that's damage...) + more which is not in this compilation. i enjoy them & am proud (yes, that's expensive 2 buy all them in total). but there is only two which i don't have in lossless : DJ Pierre - Box Energy (4 Remix 1) & Wagon Christ - Sci Fi Staircase (Tahnaiya Russell Remix)... Found them in mp3@320 from Rephlex site & one from Future Music Magazine... - burn them in 2 CDs... except 2 tracks.

i did

Oh, sorry - couldn't be arsed to search the thread.

i did

yea I was going to point that out as well but decided against it, best left to the one who pointed it out... btw this remix album is epic, and as some of the tracks were ripped from mp3's I've made sure to track down the best copies available of all the tracks in lossless from their original releases where possible

Yeah, I was shocked when I got an email from WARP asking if I had the Phillip Glass remix on CD (I actually didn't at the time) or any other 'rare' remixes...

Yeah, I was shocked when I got an email from WARP asking if I had the Phillip Glass remix on CD (I actually didn't at the time) or any other 'rare' remixes...

lol, I forgot you mentioned that before. So it's your fault the cd isn't top quality! :tongue:

I like the Voodoo People track.

lol

Why you lol'N? Yeah, It is Philip Boa and the Voodoo Club...I knew you guys would understand my meaning. BTW when you listen to this track through headphones all people can hear is the crazy highhat'ish sound and they think you are weird. The remix is so great compared to the original though.

i wanna say i listened to the gentle people track the other day and it really takes me to another place.

3/4 the way through listening i "wake up" and become conscious that it's playing, the rest before that i was in deep thought and not really realizing what i was hearing or that it was playing at all. now that's TRANCE music...

Guest genocyber

I like the Voodoo People track.

lol

Why you lol'N? Yeah, It is Philip Boa and the Voodoo Club...I knew you guys would understand my meaning. BTW when you listen to this track through headphones all people can hear is the crazy highhat'ish sound and they think you are weird. The remix is so great compared to the original though.

oh my bad i thought you were takin the piss, i thought u meant the pendulum remix of voodoo people.

yeah right, this evening, i was compared & that's surprising... i never did attention 2 that...

Archived